Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay not working on galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 05:06 PM)
GingerTech734
First Poster
Options

I bought the new galaxy watch and whenever i try to set up samsung pay it says keep gear connected too watch when it is already connected

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Jaguillo
Apprentice
Options

I was finally able to get Samsung Pay to work on my watch.  I had encryption set up on the phone. I factory reset my watch and reinstalled and did not enable encryption and Samsung Pay is now working. I don't know if this was the reason or if it was just resetting the watch one more time, but I'm happy with it now and will just leave it alone.

0 Likes
yojidority
First Poster
Options

@Kru1 wrote:

I have the same issue - samsung said its nothing to do with them and asked me to contact samsung pay. They will investigate and get back to me in 3days! 

Not really liking the new galaxy watch as much as the frontier! 

Yes i have tried that as well

0 Likes
Jaguillo
Apprentice
Options

@yojidority wrote:

@Kru1 wrote:

I have the same issue - samsung said its nothing to do with them and asked me to contact samsung pay. They will investigate and get back to me in 3days! 

Not really liking the new galaxy watch as much as the frontier! 

Yes i have tried that as well

Did that work for you?

0 Likes
HjonesIdaho
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with NFC receivers saying error in receiving the payment from the Galaxy watch. Not an error with MST being absent, but with the NFC connection working.

0 Likes
Bjausel2
First Poster
Options

I have the s3 frontier but was having the same issue, what I found was that the watch plug-in and the Samsung pay app share information, but dont particularly talk to each other.  So I had to go through the whole setup twice, once for the phone, and then initiating it on my watch so it would open the watch plug-in app on my phone and re-entering the card.  After doing this everything worked like it was supposed to.

0 Likes
Tygress313
First Poster
Options

I got an Active 2 watch for Christmas & am having the same issues.....I have had to restart the watch 4 times since Christmas day! Samsung Pay dosen't work on the same terminals as Samsung Pay on my phone (GalaxyS8+Edge). Frequently end up pulling out my phone to pay which kind of defeats the purpose of having Samsung Pay on my watch! So far, not really satisfied with the Samsung Active 2 overall. 

0 Likes
Jaguillo
Apprentice
Options

I have finally gotten my Samsung galaxy with encryption set up to work with Samsung Pay. The problem I had was that the PIN on my phone and PIN on my Samsung watch did not match my Samsung Pay PIN.  I made them all the same and now everything is working fine for me. Hope this helps you.

0 Likes