Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay not showing an an option for galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 19-09-2019 07:39 AM)
Annish00
Student
Options

Hi, 

I've got a Samsung S8+ and have just bought a galaxy watch. I have Samsung pay installed on my phone but it doesn't show up as an option in the galaxy wearable app (although Samsung pay shows up under notifications, it's not there under apps?) . How can I get Samsung pay onto the galaxy watch?

42 REPLIES 42
Galaxy_s8_owner
Apprentice
Options

Did you buy the International version?

Only the U.S. models can do it in USA

tranzorb
Explorer
Options

Hello George,

Thank you for your advices. I am writing to you becausein France the customer service is so poooor.

I have a Galaxy Watch 46mm anda Huawey Mate 20 pro. Samsung pay worked fine until I did a reset of the watch on monday 16 of september.  Since then, the watch keeps displaying that I have to update (each time I try to run Samsung Pay), and then on a second screen it says to try later because it is impossbile to do it now.

Of course I re-installed Samung Wearable, re-initialized everything but nothing works.

If you have a solution it would be great.

Thank you,

FB

Pampoo
Pioneer
Options
Hi, Mate!

I understand that you would like to use the Samsung Pay in your watch. Please do know that some country does not support Samsung Pay services, like in Google Pay, some countries does not support the service due to the legal restriction on every region/country.

In this case, I highly suggest to keep in touch on the retailer to determine if where your device was originally released. Once determined, please contact the specific Samsung Support on the country where your watch was originally released. You can see list of country here on the website https://www.samsung.com/countries/

Thank you!
0 Likes
tranzorb
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Actualy as I wrote in my post Samsung Pay USED to work on my Galaxy Watch/Huawey Mate 20 pro combination until I reset the watch on monday. So it is not an issue with country or watch origin. I would think it is due to an update somewhere (Samsung? Huawey? Android?) that made the whole thing not working anymore.

Rgds,

0 Likes
Pampoo
Pioneer
Options
Hi!

I've contacted one of the support in Samsung Pay UK and I've validated that it will really depends on the country where it was originally purchased. For the Samsung Pay in France, you can see the compatible devices on their website which is https://www.samsung.com/fr/apps/samsung-pay/ , please scroll down inside the website and look for ''Overview'' where you can see the compatible devices.

I have checked that it is only compatible with Galaxy S10e / S10 / S10 +, S9 / S9 +, S8 / S8 +, S7 / S7 edge, Note9, Note8, A5 2017, A6 / A6 +, A7, A8, A9, A40, A50, A70 for the French market. Possible the reason why there's no Samsung Pay in your watch is it is not on the list of compatible devices in Samsung France.

Thank you!
0 Likes
1eva1
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem, used to have the pay app in the watch but once I got a new phone, the app dissapeared from the watch. What can I do? Also have changed countries.

Thank you

0 Likes
bnd143
First Poster
Options

I was wondering the same thing. Received the watch as a gift and it was bought off Amazon but no Samsung pay. 

Gene_Moody
Student
Options
Same here. I live in the USA and bought my Active 2 44 mm arom Amazon. The initial start up was in Spanish, and at the time I didn't think anything of it, because the set up quickly converted everything to English. I'm assuming this particular watch was supposed to be sold in Spain. Anyway, I do have active Samsung pay on my S20 phone, but it would sure be nice if I didn't have to pull my phone out every time I want to use that application. I am very disappointed in Samsung as this has clearly been an issue for at least 2 years and they have not addressed it at all.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Gene_Moody,

You'll be unable to set up US banks with a watch originating from a different region. To use Samsung Pay US, the watch would need to be intended for use within the US.

0 Likes
Gene_Moody
Student
Options
Well, it's not a deal breaker, but that is a bit disappointing.
0 Likes