Did you mean: 

Samsung health workout duration vs total duration

(Topic created on: 30-03-2019 05:06 PM)
Shifter24
Explorer
Options

Hi 

I start  a workout on my watch and the it logs on samsung health 

There Is a workout duration column that matches my watch then a total duration column. 

What is this total duration column?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Hackett
Voyager
Options
I think it adds all the workouts all together. So if you do 1 hour a day then it will 7 hours total if done for seven days and so on.
0 Likes
Dachooligan
Apprentice
Options

The workout duration seems to be the actual time the timer was going on the watch. The total duration seems to be the time from when you started the workout to when you actually hit the end button. For example, sometimes I take small breaks between laps when running, and I pause the workout. The workout duration will show the actual time I ran and the total will show from start until I hit finish including breaks or catching your breath after. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Shifter24
Explorer
Options

Hi

Yes pretty sure that is correct and have since figured it out. 

Was great to see the help from Samsung which is as forthcoming as normal!

Thanks 

JadeRuns
First Poster
Options

Hi! I have been wandering what is the difference between these two indicaticators too. Yet it is really strange because yesterday I went running on a track. I activated my smartwatch for the warm up and then I stopped it. After more than 1 hour I actived it again for a fast 400m: I ACTIVATED IT AT THE BEGINNING AND STOPPED IT AT THE END OF IT, WITHOUT BREAKS. There is a 5 seconds difference between workout and total duration.. and in fast runs 5 seconds make a difference!

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Shifter24
Explorer
Options

Hi

I maybe wrong here but I think because you started it again it doesn't count as duration.

The GPX file seems to log every 10 seconds and the duration is the total logs. 

If your hoping for help from Samsung good luck as they never seem to bother helping their members on these forums 

0 Likes