Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay on non-Samsung phones

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 06:28 PM)
TimurFayzullin
Student
Options

I have got OnePlus 3T and I want to buy new Samsung Watch 46mm. The only thing that stops me - Samsung Pay doesn't install on non-Samsung phones! WHY??? I want to pay by NFC, but I don't like Samsung phones...

17 REPLIES 17
luisfav
First Poster
Options

To use the Samsung Pay on a Gear S3 with a Huawei you need to install the Samsung Wear app and pair with the watch.
When you open the app, you will find a "Payment" option where you can open Sansung Pay. It is very slow, so just tap once and wait till Samsung Pay opens.

It will ask to install some Plugins. Just do it and it will work. (Well, it worked for me with a S3 on my P30 Pro).

0 Likes
Sabinus
First Poster
Options

It works only if you have a compatibile CSC - county code. If not, you have to change the country code say, to GB first. 

There are tutorials for that

0 Likes
lusan
Journeyman
Options
Where is that payment option? I can't find it at all
0 Likes
sandman8888
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

As a solution I suggest a duplicate of the SIM card that has not been used with an NFC Samsung payment after.

A duplicate card does not cost expensive, about € 5 and can solve the problem, since there is a link between Service, SIM and the NFC in a Samsung Mobile, I guess for the MST chip.

Please comment on the answer and select as a solution if it worked for you, so that other users of the Community can be aware of it.

Greetings to all :i-love-you-hand:

0 Likes
Jro10
Journeyman
Options

I have a Gear S3 Frontier and use Samsung Pay with it. It has worked with my Pixel 1 and now my Pixel 4. You have to allow for apps outside the play store to be installed for the Samsung pay app to be installed by the Wear app.  Then it works.  I wish I could do NFC payments with my phone too, but that isn't possible because the full Samsung Pay app isn't compatible.  Samsung wants you to buy their phones can you blame them? If they got monthly security updates and timely UI updates like Pixels do, I might have bought one and put up with the crappy One UI software.

Greg888
Apprentice
Options

I use an HTC U11 with my Gear S3 Frontier and just use Google Pay on the phone and Sumsung Pay on the watch.  Google Pay accepts a few more credit cards than Samsung pay and also works with some transport system cards so I think its a better option on the phone.

0 Likes
73davidguitard
First Poster
Options

Swaped from Samsung G S9 to Huawei P30 Pro.

I like two days battery. 70% left in midnight time.

I do enjoy GPAY. Allowed Samsung Watch to unlock device. 

Just swipe up and tap.  Good to go.

For credit card add use Wearable app.

I DONT PLAN SWAP SMARTWATCH TO SAMSUNG GALAXY. 

I perfecf to keep Samsung Gear 3.

0 Likes