Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay not working on Note9 ?

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 10:10 PM)
markl28
First Poster
Options

I set up Samsung Pay today (UK version) and added my Amex card. All went through ok on the setup process and then went to use it in Sainsburys and it would not work on their terminal which is NFC enabled, then tried to use it again on an NFC terminal in Tesco and it would not recognise the phone again? I have rebooted the phone, uninstalled the Samsung Pay app and downloaded it from the Play Store, reinstalled it and added the Amex card again successfully. I am yet to test it again but just wondering if anyone as has had a similar problem?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @markl28,

I have used mine today fine, but have you tried another card? maybe a visa type, If that works maybe a mastercard issue (From time to time cards have issues from bank troubles on there system). 

0 Likes
markl28
First Poster
Options

I only use Amex as my Barclays debit card does not work on the Samsung Pay platform. Amex should work fine. I will test later today and hope it was an initial glitch.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I use Android Pay on my Note 9 so I can't test it for you unfortunately  😞

I use Samsung Pay on my frontier watch. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
vting
First Poster
Options

I updated SamSung Pay yesterday and now my app is stuck on Initializing... I reinstalled multiple times but it still does not work.

0 Likes
Tv486
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. I bought my Note 9 (UK version) one week ago. I reinstalled the Samsung pay app but nothing yet. This happened at Tesco's and Salisbury. Probably I will go and exchange it with a new one as I believe that it has an fault at the NFC reader 

0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options

Hi. I am in the UK, got a note 9 and have the same issue. I had a note 8 which worked flawlessly. I tried 3 times now to make a payment and once the reader gave me an error ''Card type not supported'' the second time at TESCO the phone showed that it was beaming my card details after the fingerprint authentication but the reader just wouldn't recognize it at all and it timed out. I uninstalled and set everything up again and will try once again today. If it doesn't work il get a replacement as well. Did it get resolved without a replacement for others here?

0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options

For those facing similar issues. I managed to resolve my issue by uninstalling and re-installing the Samsung pay app and setting things up again and everything works well now. So guess it was just an initial glitch.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great to hear, @Notamech! Thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
David786
First Poster
Options

@markl28 wrote:

I set up Samsung Pay today (UK version) and added my Amex card. All went through ok on the setup process and then went to use it in Sainsburys and it would not work on their terminal which is NFC enabled, then tried to use it again on an NFC terminal in Tesco and it would not recognise the phone again? I have rebooted the phone, uninstalled the Samsung Pay app and downloaded it from the Play Store, reinstalled it and added the Amex card again successfully. I am yet to test it again but just wondering if anyone as has had a similar problem?

0 Likes