Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay - Will it work after installing official firmware on rooted device?

(Topic created on: 03-09-2017 06:15 PM)
dogukan
Student
Options

My device is S6 Edge SM-G25F i was rooted it a while ago what if i install latest firmware back with odin can i use samsung pay or not? and device is from germany i have lost the firmware and csc how can i find the original build and csc? final question is im in turkey but device firmware will be german ,samsung pay is coming to our country in 4. quarter of this year so is samsung pay region based or firmware based?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware samsung Pay may not work on a rooted phone due to the phones potentially being compromised in the way of its security and stability. 

Also Samsung Pay does not tend to work on an imported phone which is what I came across when thinking of importing the Samsung Note Fe phone into the U.K.

Wether this would change if you managed to put your countries Custom Rom and csc code onto it would be a try it and see. Be aware that process could invalidate the Manufacturing Warranty.

Knox could be tripped and not be able to easily be reset. 

On a side note I prefer Android Pay. This maybe an alternative option for you. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi I do believe as soon as you rooted your device it would of tripped knox to 0x1 and as a result Samsung pay won't work as it would be a security issue if Knox is showing 0x0 it shouldn't be a problem you can download the app About phone and see your knox status a good place to look about custom roms is the XDA developers site

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
dogukan
Student
Options

Hiw can i learn my original firmware.And which firmwares are compatible with samsung pay (g925f) at least i can install compatible firmware and test if app works or not if works i can wait for to release of samsung pay for my country

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Navigate to places like xdadevelopers for tutorials and knowledge. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

Hi you can also find info about your software and mujer info by pressing settings

then scrolling to the bottom

were you will see about phone if you press on that you will see info about your device 

NOTE if you plan on installing a custom Rom watch some of the videos on you tube.If you trip the knox security from 0x0 to 0x1 Samsung pay will not work as it will breach security.If you go to the playstore and do load the app called ABOUT PHONE you will be able to see your Knox status amongst other things

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
milky74
First Poster
Options
What really annoys me with this is that I have a Samsung phone I want to use Samsung pay and its Samsung that rooted the device. It makes no sense.
0 Likes