Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay UK - Lloyds bank

(Topic created on: 29-10-2017 08:55 PM)
DMI88
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have got Samsung pay on my S8+ but my bank (Lloyds bank) is currently not "yet"supported. :smileysad:

Would anybody know if they will definately be supporting this?

65 REPLIES 65
Achuz1985
Journeyman
Options
That's incorrect. The security feature Samsung pay and Google pay provides is very different. Anyone could take yur phone wake screen and make payments with Google pay. And certain places now accept payments more than £30 as well. With Samsung pay u have to provide biometric confirmation everytime you make a payment.
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

@Achuz1985 wrote:
That's incorrect. The security feature Samsung pay and Google pay provides is very different. Anyone could take yur phone wake screen and make payments with Google pay. And certain places now accept payments more than £30 as well. With Samsung pay u have to provide biometric confirmation everytime you make a payment.

I dont thinknyou can spend more than 30 anywhere contactless in the uk, and no one can use google paybwithout unlocking the phone.

0 Likes
Achuz1985
Journeyman
Options

Firstly... That is incorrect. Stores such as Aldi and IKEA doesn't have the £30 cap to pay via contactless or Google Pay. The difference is that if you are paying via Google Pay for an amount more than £30 you have to unlock your phone using biometric to approve.

However, any payment below £30 doesn't need any approval to pay via Google Pay. You can wake your phones screen and make the payment. No biometric approval is needed.

Try first before making silly comments. 

0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options
May be its card and /or phone dependent then? I've been using google pay for over 2 years, and have had to unlock my phone every single time. I also shop at aldi, and certainly cant use more that 30.
0 Likes
Achuz1985
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options
Well it's certainly not the case for me. I have to unlock every single time. And I've certainly tried to spend over 40 in aldi, and it was refused. Maybe it out of date.
0 Likes
Achuz1985
Journeyman
Options
May I ask... What phone and bank you use, also which country?
0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

S10+ with Lloyd's in uk

0 Likes
Achuz1985
Journeyman
Options
That is indeed very strange. Coz I use the excat same phone card. Also in UK.
0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Very odd. I only  found this thread as I was trying  to swap to Samsung  but cant.

0 Likes