Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Keyboard app : glitch / bug when editing typing - cursor jumps and extra letters appear inserted in random places.

(Topic created on: 24-01-2020 02:37 AM)
Georg22
Apprentice
Options

My current version of Samsung Keyboard  app on my Samsung phone: 3.3.21.22

It is easiest for me to describe this issue using a real example, so here we go:

When I am typing using the Samsung Keyboard app, for example I was typing:

"Hello! Hope you're magic show"

and then realised I wrote the wrong your/you're, so I moved the cursor to edit it. I deleted the 're and retyped the r but then The Glitch (yes, it deserves the capitals) happened and this is what shows up:

"Hello! Hope ymagyouricshow" with the cursor waiting there at the end, after the the w.

The Glitch has moved the word into the middle of another word, removed the spaces and added a duplicate of the first letter of the word I was editing to the start of the new composite word and moved the cursor to the end. Makes it a bit difficult to communicate.

The Glitch happens to me often, I have been putting up with it for... years. Thought it was a bug that would be fixed.

Has anyone else experienced The Glitch? Why is this happening? How can I stop it from happening?

Thank-you for reading!

53 REPLIES 53
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Georg22! Try heading to: Settings > General management > Language and input > Samsung Keyboard > Smart Typing > Enable Predictive text and Auto-spell check. Finally, clear the cache of the Samsung Keyboard app and restart the phone. Is this glitch still present?

0 Likes
Georg22
Apprentice
Options

Hi @CarloL thank-you for the reply.

I did as you suggested and the glitch is still present.

Allebo
First Poster
Options

Same thing is happening for me!! SUPER FRUSTRATING and impedes productivity!!!  

Brent_s
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. It is really getting anoying and if would be good to know if there is a fix in the works.

profetik777
First Poster
Options

Same issues - on samsung s9. Might have to abondon the platform and go back to ipad and apple ecosystem since new ipad pros have mouse-like feature now....I just need a truly productive mobile setup. This ain't cutting it if samsung can't give it the polish it needs. 

KizzyCatWoman
Pioneer
Options
I keep having lol inserted into words when I type the letter l and cute inserted when I type the letter c. I have done all those things: cleared cache and data and reset keyboard and cleared partition cache. it is getting really annoying. I don't want to factory reset my phone as it takes a whole day to set my phone back up the way I want it and just for a keyboard glitch.
yitaminc
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever solve this issue?

Does completely resetting the phone help?

rmrcmx
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. Any updates? I have the S20+ 

Matt400
First Poster
Options

I cleared the data and cache from One UI Home and that seemed to fix it. But you might want to be careful doing this, since the home screens that you created will reset. Perhaps take screenshots of those right before clearing the data and cache.