Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health: sleep / actual time asleep

(Topic created on: 31-03-2019 04:58 PM)
Marcellofabbri
First Poster
Options

Hi all

is there a way to have Samsung Health consider the actual time asleep as the default sleep time?

At the moment it seems like the primary figure for sleep time is the overall sleep time (comprising of restless, light and deep sleep).

So in all summaries and goals the total time asleep (restless+light+deep) is the number that is being considered. When I used to use Fitbit instead, it would tend to take into account only the actual time asleep (without the restless portion), which is more accurate a figure for health purposes and monitoring (for example Samsung Health shouldn't congratulate you if you've been in bed a wholly period of 7 hours if indeed you've tossed and turned a lot and in fact only slept like 5 hours).

I believe I know the answer to this, but is there anybody else out there who had these same thoughts and tried to tweak Samsung Health regarding this?

6 REPLIES 6
Wyote
First Poster
Options

I agree. It would make a lot more sense to show the actual sleep time as the default. 

AlexanderII
First Poster
Options

I totally agree! Why would I care about the total time I spend in my bed? I need to know how much I actually sleep 

Who_Cares
First Poster
Options
Yes this is the most annoying thing about Samsung Health. Why would I want my "sleep" time to include time I am awake?
It also makes it impossible to look at trends over time like you can with Fitbit.
An6ie
Student
Options

I am so disappointed at this lacking information, too! Especially because it actually seems to record true sleep time correctly. What utterly useless information to know when I went to bed when I got up. I'm awake for half the time many times. 😞 The people that sleep well don't need this. 

An6ie
Student
Options

...it's as if the sleep tracking is designed for little kids to make sure they stuck to their bedtime. 

Joybelle
First Poster
Options

I have just switched from a fitbit and also find this the most annoying feature. I could show my actual sleep times to my Dr . Now it's to hard to track actual sleep time. 😞 Obviously nothings changed since 2019!!

0 Likes