Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health app - can't restore data to new phone!

(Topic created on: 02-12-2018 12:55 AM)
N4zM
First Poster
Options

Hi all, first time poster with a problem.

I have a gear fit 2 which has been my daily wearble since April. At the time, the Samsung app was installed on my Google Nexus 5. 

Last week, I changed my phone to a Pixel and re installed the Samsung Health app and logged in using my (only Samsung) account. However I was shocked to find ALL my previous data was not ported over! This is despite the data on the Nexus 5 was clearly synced to my Samsung account.

Anyway,I uninstalled the app on my new phone.. re-synced the data on the app on the Nexus 5 and re-installed and set up the Health up back again in the new phone. Again, no joy and the new app started as if it was a brand new profile!

Can anyone suggest a fix? I have months of data tracked and I really don't want to start all over again.

Both Health app versions on the Nexus 5 and Pixel phones are 5.11.1.001

I haven't deleted the app on the Nexus 5 just in case there's a way to retrieve it all.

Thank you all in advance.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Declan_Moon
First Poster
Options
Worked well and did the trick! thankyou :smiling-face:
Huawei Mate 9 - Google Pixel 3XL
(Samsung Gear 3)
0 Likes
MacDubhgal
First Poster
Options

I just went through this as well. Did a full backup of my old s5 and restored it to the new phone and then failed to register Steps on the new phone for 3 days while finding time to take it into a store, get the Sim activated on the new phone, old sd card moved to new phone and so on. Using the beginnings of the above instructions, I hooked up my old phone to wifi in the house. Went to (...) Setting. Went to Samsung account. Hit Sync there (old phone still.). Upon looking at the new phone (now with a sim card and 2 days of step data recorded on it since activation) ALL the step data, both what I had recorded on the new phone since activation yesterday, PLUS the missing three days' data from before I activated the new phone is now present on the new phone. No sync required on the new phone, and none of the post-swith data deleted or lost. No uninstall or re-activation of samsung account required! Hope this proves helpful to someone!

0 Likes
NinoGaRRis
Explorer
Options
Sounds complicated at first, but perfect instructions. Worked great!
0 Likes
RS419
Student
Options

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this solution. A long time Samsung user, I just switched to a pixel 3a as I was tired of all the extra junk apps I didn't want and could not remove.  I have been using Samsung health for years with my Galaxy watch. You can imagine my disappointment when the past year of data didn't pull through.  I had no clue that the app didn't sync after all this time.  I didn't have to delete or change my password, just synced on my old phone and reinstalled on the new. Thanks again 

0 Likes
Gibon
First Poster
Options

Hello, I solved the same issue but on version 6.6.0.029 where is just enough to Sync old phone manualy and then Sync on new phone.

So I did not need to uninstall from new phone nor change Samsung password.

I had Automatic sync turned off on old phone as well as on new phone. When I did sync old phone for the first time it showed me that it did sync until date a year ago. So I made sync on new phone and older data than year was there. So I repeated sync on old phone and then it showe actual date. Another sync on new phone and hurray I have all the data on new phone.

So maybe Samsung already solved the issue :smiling-face:

kakha_k
Apprentice
Options

Everything is a way simple. You just need to make sure that synchronize Samsung data on old phone through accounts section of settings and then just clear data on new phone's Samsung Health app through Application manager. Then you will just open up Samsung Health app, agree all the sections Samsung requires and Health app will start restoring data from Samsung server. Allow a couple of minutes until it will finish and you should get all of your latest and actual Samsung Health data onto your new and/or factory reset phone.

Chapp
First Poster
Options

I had to do a factory reset on my phone....twice in the last month. Long story, but I have a pixel 2 XL and it doesn't like the new updates. Just freezes on the loading screen. Anyway, I lost all my day on the Samsung Health app! Both times! Why wouldn't it automatically save??? I can't recover any of it, I guess. Ugh!

0 Likes
Syd1
First Poster
Options
Thanks you!!!!!!!! Was so sad to lose all those runs and workouts. This is a lame flaw in the system.
0 Likes
Neph
Explorer
Options

I had the same problem: The data from my Active 2, starting at when I started using the new phone, wasn't synched to my new phone, only the old stuff.

What I did:

1. Sync the data from the Active 2 to my old phone (S Health).
  2. Make a backup of the A2 data (old phone, Galaxy Wearable).
  3. Connect the A2 to the new phone, which also reset the A2.
  4. Restore the backup on the A2 - didn't restore the health data on the A2 though. 😕
  5. Synching the new phone in S Health now didn't download everything, so I synched the data that was there (to not lose the new stuff).
  6. Then uninstalled S Health on the new phone.
  7. Synched S Health on the old phone, which took a couple of minutes (before it was done in about 10 seconds).
  8. Installed S Health on the new phone again, then synched it, which took a long time.
  9. Tadaaaaa - all the data was back on my new phone.
  10. (Restore just the S health data on the A2 through Galaxy Wearable on the new phone but puls and sleep data is stilling missing :(.)

Does anyone know how I can now get everything back onto the A2?

0 Likes
Kimmee
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! It took awhile to get it done but I finally got everything syned up and all my information moved to the new phone

0 Likes