Support

Open search

Samsung Health GPX import

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi,

I started using Samsung Health and I'm liking it so far. I'm missing one feature -- GPX import into activities.

For hiking and biking I use a 3rd party application (Locus Map). I can record my activity directly in Locus which provides a more convenient interface. I get that it is not realistic to implement sync from whatever application users ask, but most of the apps (ironically including Samsung Health) provide a GPX export (and possibly other formats). This is no different for Locus, but I'm unable to import this file into Samsung Health.

I think it would be a great addition for those who want to use Samsung Health as their primary wellness tracker.

In the meantime, is there a workaround? Can Samsung Health sync with other application(s) / service(s) that provide GPX import (possibly Strava)? It wouldn't be exactly convenient, but still way better than a manual log.

I've found another 3rd party application that seems to be able to import GPX files into Samsung Health directly, but their (nonexistent) privacy policy and intrusive permissions are keeping me from using it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

1 REPLY 1
Explorer

Dear, I have the same request. I'm use locus for hike and at the moment I'M using Sync my tracks to sync Health account with Strava and poalr account. The problem is that samsung health import wotking correctly only for activity without gpx file.

Top Liked Authors