Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health / Fit E Not Syncing All Steps

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 06:36 PM)
DrIT
Explorer
Options

Samsung Health Version 6.5.0.039 on a S9 with Fit E (5519) software version R375XXU0ASF1.

I really like my Fit E and I think the Samsung Health app is good too....

However... the is a niggly problem in that the total steps from the Fit E do not always sync correctly with the Health app.

I have not drawn any conclusion as to whether the fault  is with the Fit E or the app.

At the time of writing my Fit E is showing 6224 steps while the app (with Galaxy Fit selected) is only showing 6186 steps.

The more steps I have done in a day the bigger the delta can be.

From my observations I think the Fit E is quite accurate as I have from time to time checked the band, counted the next 200 steps and checked the band again.

I know I can select all steps in the Health app but that doesn't help is I did not take the phone with me on the walk, and it's not (least it shouldn't be) a big ask that the steps on the Fit E should be reflected on the Health app after it has synced.

Software Developer somewhere in the UK
If you don't like The Walking Dead... then you're just plain wrong!
Our freedom was not free. Many paid the ultimate price for it.
12 REPLIES 12
Motta_85
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, with the new 1-week old galaxy fit e. 

Except, I can see the total steps in the band as 7200 however in the phone/Samsung health it only shows to be 1500 steps. 
I can see that the band, auto detected the walking/running activity and they show that in Samsung health, it even shows the hourly bars - showing me the spike in the morning when I was running but I don't know why today they are not shown in the Samsung health. 
I have restarted the band, Bluetooth and phone. None of it has helped. 
Samsung please help. 
I am using this second band since my last Samsung Fit 2 Pro stopped recording steps, I found that it was a known issue. I don't want to use Galaxy Watches for sports activity.  

Ag76
Journeyman
Options

Same here started yesterday, a few weeks after I got galaxy fit. Its weird since the app extracts the step count from the app. Yesterday I had nearly 3 thousands difference bewteen the band and what the app had recorded from the flex. Please could Samsung look into it? I paid £90! 

Ag76
Journeyman
Options

I did some thinking regarding what I've done just before it went wrong and realised I enabled access to location in shealth app. I disabled it this morning and both counts are even now. Could this be that the app corrects steps that aren't steps like washing up :smiling-face: after verifying location hasn't changed? 

DrIT
Explorer
Options

Interesting @Ag76 I have location turned on but not really sure I need to, not sure what benfit it is supposed to be giving me. I will turn it off and see what happens 🙂

Software Developer somewhere in the UK
If you don't like The Walking Dead... then you're just plain wrong!
Our freedom was not free. Many paid the ultimate price for it.
JDub
First Poster
Options

Did Samsung ever get back about this? This is my 3rd galaxy fit product...the 2 before, the bands broke and I lost the watches and now having the same issue as you with this one. But not sure if it is watch or the health app.  The discrepancy in step count is huge. No explanation from Samsung on any of my previous issues. Was hoping they were being a little more proactive with responses now, but I don't seem to see anything under this string. Wonder if they reached out to you directly?

mrkmax
Apprentice
Options
I haven't heard anything.

S10+, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Fit owner.
0 Likes
Reza_Paytakhti
Student
Options

Hi

I connect galaxy fit to my Note5 ( from Shealth)

The conted step on shealth

( that I already enabled it to count all steps, mobile and samsung fit)

Is about 12,0000, where the steps that  samsung fit is showing is about 100!

I think, samsung fit just count the steps, when it is on wrist and not syncrised with s health.

Could you please ler me know

Which seeting shall done, that samsung fit show the same steps that shealth shows?

0 Likes
GetStepsSyncinPlease
First Poster
Options

Hi All, any update on how to solve this?
Samsung Health is permanently a few hundred steps behind my Galaxy Fit e.
As an example, right now my Galaxy Fit indicates 1252 steps and Samsung Health only 632 steps (with View Your Steps set to Galaxy Fit).
I will now walk a few steps and let see, back in a min … ... ok, I'm back. Galaxy Fit indicates now  1304 steps (increased by 52 steps), Samsung Health: 684 steps  (increased by 52 steps).
So both got an additional 52 steps – Great! But why the total is not matching !!!! Happening every single day. My target is 7500 steps a day. Most of the time it’s missing 100 to 200 steps. Extreme case was 800 steps.
Can somebody help (or at least provide an explanation)? Samsung support team?

0 Likes
WoHi
First Poster
Options

The problem still exists.

I have it with my Galaxy Fit, interestingly it never happened with the bigger SmartWatches only with the band.

Difference between the Fit and Shealth sometimes arround 6k steps which is quite annoying.

Reinstall of sHealth usually solves the problem for a few weeks. 

Might be time too look into the competition.. .