Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play TV sound on phone

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 12:34 PM)
lubumbax
Apprentice
Options

Hi All. 

Until yesterday, before I applied the last Nov '09 upgrade, I could directly access a "Play TV sound on phone" function at the top of the "notifications drop down" (sorry if there is a better name for that). 

After the upgrade I see two icons instead: "Media" and "Devices".

Screenshot_20191109-165825_One UI Home.jpg

Through those icons, and after some clicks, I endput in the Smarthings controller of my smart TV, where I can click (again) the "3 dots" at the top, and click (and again, finally!) on "Play TV sound on phone". 

Is there a way to bring the direct link to that function back as it was before the upgrade?

More info:

~ Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+, with upgrade.

~ Software information: One UI 1.1, Android 9, Baseband version G975FXXS3ASJA

~ TV: Samsung QE65Q9FNA

Cheers,

Carlos

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @lubumbax! This specific function was moved following an operational decision from our developers that was included in the latest update for your phone. Although the function remains in the " SmartThings section" for now, I will make sure to share your feedback with the developers team. 

Archer09
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same problem and was pretty frustrated by my attempts to connect my mobile and tv. Hope the developers revert to the original theme

sardine
Student
Options

I do not even have this option on my q70r tv. I can only stream the whole screen to my phone within SmartThings but I do not have the option to play only the audio. 

Does anyone with the 2019 Samsung TVs is able to do as op?

0 Likes
Kestin
First Poster
Options

I no longer seem to have this functionality at all. Even through the Smartthings app. Has it moved or is it no longer available? This functionality is one of the main reasons we purchased the samsung TV

0 Likes
lubumbax
Apprentice
Options

@Kestin wrote:

I no longer seem to have this functionality at all. Even through the Smartthings app. Has it moved or is it no longer available? This functionality is one of the main reasons we purchased the samsung TV

Have you made sure of trying to bring th new t drop down a few times? It happens to me quite often that the "Play TV sound on phone isn't available after 3 or 4 attempts. See screenshots below...

That function is actually the only one I use. I still can't understand what led developers to think that it had to be removed from where it was. 

Screenshot_20200209-210816_SmartThings.jpg

Screenshot_20200209-210833_SmartThings.jpg

0 Likes
Shubaili
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem  , the option to transfer the audio to my s10+ is not there Ny more , this feature is the only reason I still use Samsung phone and tvs , other wise there are phones and TVs I would like to try , I hope they bring it back . No point in buying samusng phones any more of this is the case Screenshot_20200327-023954_SmartThings.jpg

0 Likes
miaA
Apprentice
Options

Wow! Samsung is getting worse and worse in apps for their TVs. I truly regret buying Samsung TV and I'm thinking of returning and changing it. Smartview app doesn't even work !!!

saini0093
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Using SAMSUNG note 8 and RU7100 SAMSUNG TV [ SAME PLATFORM]. It keeps on saying "couldn't connect to TV".

Any fix?????

miaA
Apprentice
Options

You mean you want to pair your phone with TV and have the phone screen on the TV? If so, just use SmartThings app to pair your phone and TV and choose mirror screen.I have note 8 and it works. But if you mean getting TV screen or even audio on your phone, no, there is no way, I searched a lot.

0 Likes