Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes App Swype Auto Populating

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 09:13 AM)
Damo8
First Poster
Options

I updated my s9 today and ever since when using samsung notes app the key board auto selects the suggestion from predictive text. I am using Swype and it works perfectly well with all other apps. Only Samsung notes is affected. It is unusable as a result. Can't even single tap words.

Help please! 😃

12 REPLIES 12
daveknockwin
First Poster
Options

This is happening to me, too, and it's frustrating. 

turnforever
First Poster
Options

Yep, I'm having the exact dance same problem with Swype and Samsung Notes automatically selecting the suggested predictive text option. It's driving me mad - please can someone help?

clay420
First Poster
Options

The same is happening to me on my Note9.

I can write text with the spen, or change to another keyboard, but don't understand why I would need to, especially since it used to work fine.

SNotes has gotten much better since it first started, but now it's become unusable.

Rolfestim
First Poster
Options

I am also having this issue. I don't know when it started as I don't use the app everyday. I tried changing related settings in other keyboard apps but no joy. Maybe someone from Samsung can shed some insight. When I actually swipe a word, it does produce the correct word, but some words just can't be swiped.

Stevy
First Poster
Options

Same problem.

Already searching for another notes app. It's been over at least a month waiting for anybody to fix it. Swype works just fine anywhere else. 

DaHonga
Student
Options

Unfortunately because Swype is no longer supported, I feel like Samsung feels no obligation to try to fix this bug. I've had to resort back to S Note because of this. 😞

jrubens
First Poster
Options

I have been experiencing the same issue on my Note9. Any fix for this Samsung? If not, I guess I'll switch everything to OneNote.

Mazb
First Poster
Options

Same with me, going crazy, thought it was me!

Ok I will be looking for another notes app now then as Samsung does not appear interested.

Mishifitz
First Poster
Options
I've been experiencing this for quite some time as well. Here's to hoping Samsung eventually fixes it, because I'd like to go back to using the app.
0 Likes