Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kurdish keyboard

(Topic created on: 08-02-2020 08:37 PM)
Languages
First Poster
Options

There's no Kurdish keyboard (Kurmanji and Sorani) among Samsung keyboard languages. There are millions of Kurds that are troubled by this issue.

Apple has added both Kurdish dialect keyboards and I wonder if Samsung as well has any plan to do so in near future.

Best,

O

19 REPLIES 19
AndrewL
Options

@Languages: If you go to Languages and Types > Manage Input Languages, and your preferred language option isn't visible in the 'Available Languages' section, then I recommend checking the Google Play Store for a dedicated Kurdish Keyboard. For your peace of mind, always check user reviews and download numbers to get an indication of the quality of the app. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

0 Likes
Dlovankurd
First Poster
Options

add kurdish language for samsung keyboard.. thanks

Akam-qader
First Poster
Options

Yes that is  true we need the Kurdish language and letters it is very important  for  us 

Sam-77
First Poster
Options

Dear Moderator,

I see that the Remark Solved is False. We need the Kurdish Language to be added in Samsung Keyboard. Using an External app is not Safety. By installing an External app, Android will Warning the User with The Text:

"This app may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers."

Please inform who Responsible is to add the Kurdish Language in both Dialogs Kurmanji and Sorani to the Main Samsung Keyboard as soon as Possible, it is very necessary for over 50 Millions People, Otherwise Millions People will Change to IPhone.

Bashir97
First Poster
Options

Kurdish keyboard 

@Languages wrote:

There's no Kurdish keyboard (Kurmanji and Sorani) among Samsung keyboard languages. There are millions of Kurds that are troubled by this issue.

Apple has added both Kurdish dialect keyboards and I wonder if Samsung as well has any plan to do so in near future.

Best,

O

Discrimination
Student
Options

Absolute BS of an answer. This is not solved at all. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for supporting the continued and widespread discrimination against the Kurdish people! 

Discrimination
Student
Options

To the decision-takers at Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., 

To the best of my knowledge there is no support for the Kurdish language in Samsung S10. This is part of the continued and widespread discrimination against the Kurdish people, which apparently Samsung has no problem in participating. Absolutely shameful act by Samsung.

What is the response of Samsung?

We want clear answers on how Samsung will solve this issue and distance itself from this immoral act of discrimination. 

AntS
Options

Hi @Discrimination , Unsure how it was marked as 'solved', but I've removed the 'solved' marker from this thread, and merged your new thread with this one to keep everything all in one place for you guys.

I've also forwarded a suggestion for our developers to add a Kurdish language option for the Samsung Keyboard. I'll let you guys know how it goes. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

AntS
Options

Hi all,

The developers have got back to us on this one, and have said that Kurmanji and Sorani dialects will be supported in one of the future updates. :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: