Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health 5.17 no runkeeper sync

(Topic created on: 09-10-2018 05:30 AM)
Jürgen76
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've recently updated to the latest version of Samsung Health (5.17).

Since the update i'm unable to enable sync to runkeeper.

Only selectable "connected services" seems to be Strave, am i missing something?

Regards, Jürgen

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
RunSwimBike
Journeyman
Options

I was just reviewing this thread and wanted to clarify my earlier post. It was 100% Samsung Health Version 6 that removed the connected services, and specifically RunKeeper. One of the earlier posts indicated this was version 5.17 that had the problem, and this is not the case with me. I was able to uninstall Samsung Health version 6 from my phone (Galaxy 9+), which had been updated automatically, as per my Google Play auto-update settings. I then disabled the auto-update, and installed version 5.17 that was still posted on the Galaxy Apps site. Once I had version 5.17 back, RunKeeper was listed as one of the connected services choices, and my activities are once more synchronizing between my Galaxy Watch and my RunKeeper account.

So, for the time-being, my problem is resolved. However, it would appear that unless Samsung "fixes" the Samsung Health app, I will never upgrade to a newer version than 5.17.

todayTuna
First Poster
Options
This product is so flawed. I can't believe it. Ill never by samsung products again. You shouldn't have to do that with a product thats supposed to be premium. I'm not going to mess upp my training data for this clock.
MichaelJL
Student
Options

I thought it was just me. Guess not. Well I'm not giving up my Runkeeper just stinks if I use my Gear S3 have to manually input into runkRunkeeper.

RunSwimBike
Journeyman
Options

I would just roll back to version 5.17, as opposed to getting rid of RunKeeper. RunKeeper is a fantastic fitness tracking site. I have tried many (including Strava), and overall, it is the best. Especially if you have over a decade of data there!

Samsung Health version 5.17 is available online... I downloaded the APK file from SamMobile, and turned off auto-update on my phone (both from the Google Play Store, and Samsung's Galaxy Apps) so it doesn't auto-update itself. With version 5.17 all of the connected services, including RunKeeper, are still functional.

P.S. If anyone from Samsung actually reads these posts... PLEASE bring back the connected servcies to your next release of Samsung Health!

dahlborg
First Poster
Options
Wtf, no Runkeeper?? Seriously? I’ll change brand!!
0 Likes
DG33
First Poster
Options

Hi RunSwinBike. Thanks alot for the info and solution. Dumb question maybe but do I need to unistall the 6.0 version first? And if I do what happens to all my data in Samsung Health?

0 Likes
RunSwimBike
Journeyman
Options

Yes, you'll have to uninstall version 6, and turn off Google Play Store auto-updates AND Galaxy Apps auto-updates. Then you can install 5.17 and it will still access all your data uploaded to your Samsung Health account (and you'll be able to turn on syncing with RunKeeper again).

0 Likes
iain010100
First Poster
Options

I got the Galaxy Watch as a gift yesterday to help with my health tracking. To me that means syncing with Runkeeper. I don’t usually wear a watch and all the smart watch features I would want are good health tracking. So far this pricy watch is nothing more than Jewelry. It is worth the ~$100 upgrade to Apple Watch. 

MichaelJL
Student
Options

If you have an iPhone your better off with the Apple Watch. As they are meant to work with each other. The Galaxy Watch is best with Galaxy phones. Then with Android phones, very limited with iPhones.

0 Likes
Ponccio
First Poster
Options

This!, i also got the smartwatch as a gift and my goto app is runkeeper. well this sucks!

0 Likes