Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google photos app

(Topic created on: 05-04-2017 11:45 AM)
Samj34
First Poster
Options

All my photos I take back up to Google photos. but when I delete any off my phone they come off google photos as well which I obviously want to save .I want to delete some pics off my phone to create some space any ideas pls 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi! its a easy one to fix :smiling-face:

To delete photos from Device ONLY 
From the Google Photos go to Settings>Free up Device Storage 
this will only delete the photos on the phone you have already uploaded on to the drive :smiling-face:

or

You can also delete device copies manually
Settings/Device Folders

- Select the photo/s
- Click Menu/Delete Device Copy

Hope it helps
Samj34
First Poster
Options
I'm sorry I can't even find device folders. Settings on phone or pic settings .pls
0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

load up the app (Google photo) in the top left side there will be 3 horizontal lines tap that and select "Settings" (a small grey cog is next to it) then you will see Free up device storage. :smiling-face:

Samj34
First Poster
Options

Thankyou . Only thing is I have some photos in folders I want to keep on there as I haven't put my Google photos In folders yet . I used to be able to just go on Google photos delete things and vise versa off my photos without them deleting off each other if you know what I mean 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't have a huge amount of knowledge with this app as I use the Samsung one all the time, but I can only see options for removing the odd few or the whole lot for the few you select a image and then in the top right click the 3 dots and remove device copy for use on the phone which would leave it fine on the cloud and if you go in to your google drive you can select to do the same by deleting off the cloud but not the phone I think. :smiling-face:
Samj34
First Poster
Options

I cant even find device Folders im hopeless! 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok lets make sure we are on the same track you are in the google app that looks like this?Screenshot_20170405-205256.png

Samj34
First Poster
Options

Yes 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Click the 3 horizontal lines (top left) and a menu will come up with those folders sketch-1491428415520.png