Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Samsung Pay plug-In not installing

(Topic created on: 04-10-2018 12:18 PM)
Carmichael272
Journeyman
Options

Hi I use my galaxy watch with my asus Zenfone 5, and when i try to configure Samsung pay it starts a download on my smartphone, but when the download ends nothing happens and if i try to open the samsung pay page from the galaxy watch plug-in it starts again the Download.

Does anyone have had problems using this with non Samsung smartphones?

This issue can be solved in anyway?

Go to solution
123 REPLIES 123
Maximilian_H2
First Poster
Options

Just to be clear I wanted to ask, to be able to add cards it has to be supported in your country the Samsung pay right? I am in Czech republic and here it is also not supported, I did the steps to add Samsung pay to my watch by changing the region to Italy where it is supported, but I am unable to add my Czech credit cards... it always fails. I hope they add Samsung pay soon, it is 2019 and it is a shame.

stevemecher
Student
Options
I Get A problem When i install The Samsung browser....I Found A Site Have The App On Android I'm Going To Download It Now... I Don't Know If They Work Or Not Here Link: https://null48.net/samsung-internet-browser-apk-app-android-free-download/
0 Likes
Kimbry
Student
Options

They change the name of the app now. Now its called Samsung pay (Watch plugin). I installed both the plugin and the main Samsung pay app and now it works. When you start the app it will check for updates and install new update if they are available. 

loony22
First Poster
Options

I realise this thread has covered a lot of ground so far. 

I would like to confirm that when my Pixel 3a XL turns up, I can still use Samsung Pay through my 1 week old Galaxy 46mm watch?

I was really hoping Google pay would work thru the watch but it appears not after several hours of research.

So who do we contact to ask for Samsung and Google to grow up, play nicely and allow Gpay and/or samsung pay on all android and wearables regardless of manufacturer and OS?

There is light in the tunnel as seeing that google/youtube are now friends with amazon prime and offering a dedicated YT app for fire TV stick.  Guess what? I use it all the time now.

Will 2020 be the year of realisation that cooperation amongst tech giants actually pleases customers? 

0 Likes
hrmatsui
First Poster
Options

It worked for me!

I bought my Galaxy Watch international version in the US and brought it back to Brazil. I followed the tutorial from  on page 7, and voilá, I now have Samsung Pay on my watch. When I checked the region in the watch, it was set to TTT (Trinidad & Tobago), go figure... It seems the phone and watch must be in the same region, and that region must have Samsung Pay available. If that is your case then it should work.

I had some trouble to connect to my phone through the wifi, but got to find the answers on the Internet.

Anyway, if you follow that tutorial you can enable the Samsung Pay on your phone.

Cheers!

FKTECH
First Poster
Options

Problem Solved.

So i  am living in UAE and bought this Gear S3 Frontier, Romanian Version last week at dirt cheap price from a local online store.

Soon i came to know the reason why it was so cheap. The Item is 100% genuine but because its a Romanian Version, it does not have Samsung Pay( Samsung Pay was not installed on the Gear neither it was showing on the Wearable app). The Online Seller even offered me to return the item but i opt otherwise as i got it as a very good deal. 

So looking for the solution to get Samsung Pay on the gear i tried the method by Joel61 and to my surprise it worked like a charm and even as i am living in UAE, i still choose the region as XAS(Australia) same as Joel61 because i did'nt know the region code for UAE but still it worked flawlessly. By the way i am having S7 Edge and was using Samsung Pay on it since 2 years. Anyone having this issue can try the steps mentioned by Joel61, just 1 additional info that i believe he forgot to add in Step 2 that make sure to enable Developer Mode as well. It can be enabled by clicking 7 times on Software Version.

If this worked on S3 Frontier it must work on any Samsung Wearable.

Try it out and Enjoy. Thanks

Tampaguy
First Poster
Options

In my scenario, I have Samsung Wear installed on a Pixel 2 Android 10 which has both a personal profile and work profile which is managed by IT.

It seems when trying to download the plugin, it is trying to source through Google Play on the work profile and failing with request to contact IT department.

Why isn't the plug in sourced  through  the personal profile Google Play?

0 Likes
Kimbry
Student
Options

@Tampaguy wrote:

In my scenario, I have Samsung Wear installed on a Pixel 2 Android 10 which has both a personal profile and work profile which is managed by IT.

It seems when trying to download the plugin, it is trying to source through Google Play on the work profile and failing with request to contact IT department.

Why isn't the plug in sourced  through  the personal profile Google Play?

If you have one work profile and one personal profile on your Phone you should also have two different Google play shortcuts. All apps that are on your work profile should have an icon with a suitcase. The reglar ones without the suitcase. Make sure you are using the regular Google play when searching for the app. First download the app thats called Samsung wearable. Then you have to download the addon for your specific watch. There is one for each of the Samsung watches.

0 Likes
kwxvii
First Poster
Options

Successful up to step 9; got the "successfully launched" message, but didn't see where I can set/change the region (not on my watch). I have restarted my watch and and started all over again (steps 1-9), still no way for me to set or change the region.  Is there anything else I need to do?  I have Galaxy Active 2 (SM-R830) paired on S8.

0 Likes
Brown997
First Poster
Options

Getting the same issue, really irritating as so close to being done! 

0 Likes