Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Samsung Pay plug-In not installing

(Topic created on: 04-10-2018 12:18 PM)
Carmichael272
Journeyman
Options

Hi I use my galaxy watch with my asus Zenfone 5, and when i try to configure Samsung pay it starts a download on my smartphone, but when the download ends nothing happens and if i try to open the samsung pay page from the galaxy watch plug-in it starts again the Download.

Does anyone have had problems using this with non Samsung smartphones?

This issue can be solved in anyway?

Go to solution
123 REPLIES 123
Belarus
Student
Options

All the steps are on the 7th page of this thread. See message written by  

But before you start make sure you enabled Developer mode by tapping about 7 times on software version on your watch.

0 Likes
MRTJ
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I recently bought a Galaxy watch from Amazon. My problem is Samsung pay did not come pre loaded on the watch and it seems like there's no way to install it on the watch. It's a US version so it should have Samsung Pay. I have spoken with Samsung multiple times and every call they have confirmed it's a US version and should have Samsung Pay. Each time they walk me through steps (uninstall wearable app, reset watch, reinstall, reconnect watch, and so on and so on) No luck! Im using my Note 8 which Samsung Pay works perfect on. But no Samsung Pay plug in or anything shows up on the watch or the wearable app. Deciding to try my luck here while Samsung "looks into it". Thanx

Juned
First Poster
Options

can u please help me with samsung pay for s3 gear frontier and how to install for india and will it be useable

0 Likes
janis_v
First Poster
Options

Hey guys! First of all massive props for all the work done!

Im currently live in India thogh originally im from Latvia. I have android poco f1 phone. 

I just wanted to add some of the things I discovered while dealing with the lack of Samsung pay on the Samsung gear sports. 

1) your phone's region has to be the same as you want to put on the watch. If you are putting  XSA and your phone settings set to india your watch and phone will not pair ( at least i could not make it so) .

2) if you will put both your watch and phone on some other location (for both devices the same), and you will not have that countries credit/debit cards you will not be able to add them on Samsung pay. For example, I set mine on Australia (XSA) and tried to add latvian/uk/german credit/debit cards, the Samsung pay rejected them and provided a link to which AUSTRALIAN cards are partnered with them. https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/

so this is to all Indian people basically. Unless someone can tell me how to work around this, you won't be able to use INDIAN cards on Samsung gear sports by using different country.

0 Likes
Gurinder
First Poster
Options

So i followed the instructions as per @

I have a Samsung galaxy watch 42mm and Nokia 7 Plus , i live in India, since i got the watch there is no option of Samsung pay in Galaxy wear app. I manually installed latest Samsung pay plugin ( https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-pay-watch-plug-in/samsung-pay-watch... ) , and changed the region to Australia and after that when i paired the watch again with galaxy wear app Samsung pay is showing in it, and i then followed the instructions in the app to set it up, But initially the Samsung pay app is not recognising my compatible Indian Debit and Credit card and not allowing me to add, i thought this might be that i had changed the region to Australia, but i tried again after an hour and then to my surprise i am able to add all my 4 cards to Samsung pay app , and it is working also, i tried a payment at NFC enabled terminal and payment works flawlessly. 

Thanks for the instructions @ .

0 Likes
Gurinder
First Poster
Options

@

0 Likes
Mongomia
First Poster
Options
Sorry to sound dumb but how did you do this please?
0 Likes
NinadX
First Poster
Options
While you purchased the gear from the country where samsung pay is not supported your device might not have it preinstalled you have to change your regional code AKA csc to the country where they supports samsung pay for that you can follow these steps
NOTE: your data will get erased

Changing GEAR CSC to ZTO(Brazil Code): Follow the steps to change the CSC code for the ZTO and install Samsung Pay on Gear. This procedure must be performed on the PC. Only step 8 must be done in Gear. 

1- Install the Java SE development kit 8. It can be any version

2. Add a new Windows environment variable named JAVA_HOME that points to the Java installation directory (C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jdk1.8.0_171) and reboot before installing Tizen development studio. 

3- Install Tizen development studio, just remembering that if it is in Windows 10 the installation must be done in the user prole due to Windows restrictions 

4 - To connect to the sdb, activate the debug mode on the clock (Cong> About Gear> Debug), disconnect from the bluetooth of the phone, connect to the wi and execute the commands below in the cmd shell: 

5- cd "C: \ tizen-studio \ tools" (Path where you installed Tizen development studio software) (You can see on the clock Cong> Connections> Wi-Fi> Wi-Fi networks> "Network name"> IP address)  

7- sdb shell launch_app csc-manager.csc-pre-conguration 

8- Select ZTO on the clock for the Brazilian standard. 
 After selecting the region it will reset the clock. 
Ready CSC congured 

Credits: A brazilian blogger write down these steps on g+ forum and that page got deleted this is purely his work i am just conveying his methods which works for me
0 Likes
Gaurav20
First Poster
Options

This is not working for me , i got the samsung watch active from Hong Kong, my samsung Note 9 is from India and i am living in Singapore :winking-face:

My Samsung pay works fine in Singapore but the Galaxy watch active doesn't have the Samsung Pay pre-installed , also the apk's which I am trying on the link it doesn't get installed and some i tried they get installed but then while opening the pay app it says cannot open the app contact Samsung care 

Really frustrated since 1 week but cannot find an answer 

Appreciate if anyone can help

Thanks in Advance 

0 Likes
NamanArya
First Poster
Options

i bought a gear s3 from ukraine and currently i am in india. i couldn't find any samsung pay option on the watch after pressing and holding the back button. Will the steps from the above mentioned link solve my problem too?

0 Likes