Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Samsung Pay plug-In not installing

(Topic created on: 03-12-2018 09:29 AM)
Carmichael272
Journeyman
Options

Hi I use my galaxy watch with my asus Zenfone 5, and when i try to configure Samsung pay it starts a download on my smartphone, but when the download ends nothing happens and if i try to open the samsung pay page from the galaxy watch plug-in it starts again the Download.

Does anyone have had problems using this with non Samsung smartphones?

This issue can be solved in anyway?

123 REPLIES 123
Dinno101
Explorer
Options

Galaxy Watch

0 Likes
wallerz
Student
Options

Your watch should work officially so give Samsung a call.

0 Likes
Dinno101
Explorer
Options

will give it a try. Thanks!

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
I had several discussions with Samsung representatives and I was told that the issue has been fixed and if you update to the latest version available in Google Play Store (I am still waiting confirmation for the app version number as currently it's 2.2.21.18080361), the problem should not manifest anymore.

If any of you can try and post the results, would be appreciated.

Cheers

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
0 Likes
wallerz
Student
Options

I have the Samsung Gear Sport which isn't supported, this is why I installed the APK. Hopefully someone else can assist and this thread can assist others in general too.

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
@wallerz - what do you mean by "Samsung Gear Sport which isn't supported"?

0 Likes
wallerz
Student
Options

I have a google pixel 3 XL with a Samsung Gear Sport. Samsung Pay did not work and this was confirmed when calling customer services. To work with a google pixel 3 XL the Samsung pay plug in needs to be installed as per the above.  Samsung Phone users shouldn’t have any problems using the offical option of set up.

0 Likes
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @wallerz

Samsung Pay works/should work on Gear Sport. I used some time ago Samsung Pay on Gear Sport without any problem. The only thing that comes to mind is that you might have a non-uk device.

It doesn't actually matter what device you use (android/IOS) as Galaxy Wearable app is a normal app that works on Android/Ios and Samsung Pay (plug-in) works sits on the watch. I'll take a closer look to see how this works.

0 Likes
Dinno101
Explorer
Options

Aahh I see now, I think mine does'nt work because it is a non-UK device. The box suggests that it was for Spain, or a latin speaking region. 

0 Likes
wallerz
Student
Options

I bought a UK version of the phone and watch. 

0 Likes