Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Samsung Pay plug-In not installing

(Topic created on: 02-12-2018 05:25 PM)
Carmichael272
Journeyman
Options

Hi I use my galaxy watch with my asus Zenfone 5, and when i try to configure Samsung pay it starts a download on my smartphone, but when the download ends nothing happens and if i try to open the samsung pay page from the galaxy watch plug-in it starts again the Download.

Does anyone have had problems using this with non Samsung smartphones?

This issue can be solved in anyway?

123 REPLIES 123
Solution
Carmichael272
Journeyman
Options
Samsung Pay (Gear Plugin) doesn't apper in my smartphone apps' list
Solution
Carmichael272
Journeyman
Options

I Managed to fix the issue downloading the apk of samsung pay (Gear Plugin) and installing it manually on my smartphone

GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Carmichael272

What is the result? It works now? How did you managed to do that?

Thanks

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
0 Likes
morrisonbrett
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue. Incredibly frustrating.  The only fix was for me to install the APK manually. I found it here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-pay-watch-plug-in/samsung-pay-for-g...

UnicycleSanta
First Poster
Options
This worked for me as well. I have an LG V30 and was trying to set up Samsung Pay. In the Wear app I clicked "Open Samsung Pay" and a message popped up at the bottom of the screen saying "Installing Samsung Pay (wear plug-in)" then it would go away. I would then click "Open Samsung Pay" and this message would pop up again. This continued on a loop every time I would try to get samsung pay to work.

The solution is to install the APK manually downloaded from the internet. Everything functions fine now.
0 Likes
wallerz
Student
Options

This worked for me too. Many thanks! Do they continue to update the version?

0 Likes
Dinno101
Explorer
Options

Hi, so I downloaded the APK already, how did you transfer it to your watch? Thanks

0 Likes
wallerz
Student
Options

you download and install it. When you launch the app for the watch, Samsung Pay appears an as option

0 Likes
Dinno101
Explorer
Options

Ok, just to clarify, did you download it with your phone, or with your watch? I downloaded it with my phone, and got prompted that it wasn't from a trusted source-which I approved so that I can download it, but after openning it, it says that my watch may not be supported. 

Thanks for your reply

wallerz
Student
Options

I did it on the phone. What watch do you have?

0 Likes