Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S7 Samsung mail app not working after phone software update

(Topic created on: 06-10-2018 02:54 PM)
Pizzavan
Apprentice
Options

The latest software update for my Galaxy S7 was installed on 2nd October and the current version is now showing as G930FXXS3ERI1. Ever since then my Samsung email app, which I use exclusively for my AOL mail account, is no longer displaying the most up to date emails. My inbox, for example, is showing mail from 11th June 2018 as the latest email even though it says it was last synced on 2nd October 2018. However, if I go into my account settings for the app and click sync account it appears to do it and displays the current date, 6th October, and time, but when I look back into the emails displayed in the app there is no change and mail from 11th June continues to show as the latest entry.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Has anyone got a solution to this issue? I suspect the phone's software update has caused the problem so it may be a bug that will require Samsung to fix. My other email app, Gmail, still works fine by the way and I can receive my up to date AOL emails from there if necessary, so it can't be a connectivity issue.

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TracyR
Options

Hey @Pizzavan

Can you try removing your account from Samsung Mail and re-adding it?

You could also try clearing the cache and data from the app:

- Settings > Apps > Samsung Mail > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data. 

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

View solution in context

Solution
Pizzavan
Apprentice
Options
Hi TracyR,
I cleared the cache and data as you suggested and then had to add the account again and now it's working again! It's taking a while to re-establish all my previous folders and content, but it's getting there. Thank you very much!

View solution in context

17 REPLIES 17
Solution
TracyR
Options

Hey @Pizzavan

Can you try removing your account from Samsung Mail and re-adding it?

You could also try clearing the cache and data from the app:

- Settings > Apps > Samsung Mail > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data. 

Say "hello!" and

Solution
Pizzavan
Apprentice
Options
Hi TracyR,
I cleared the cache and data as you suggested and then had to add the account again and now it's working again! It's taking a while to re-establish all my previous folders and content, but it's getting there. Thank you very much!
TracyR
Options

Great to hear, @Pizzavan! Glad I could help. 

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

0 Likes
Ray8
First Poster
Options

I tried the fix, I was able to clear the cache but it would not allow the clear of Data.  I assume this is becasue I also have the same client installed on the work side of the phone within knox?  I also tried uninstalling the update but it states "Uninstalling Email unsuccessful" .  Can you please send out another update on this app rolling it backwords?  

I use a Gmail account on the regular side of the phone to email pictures to my work email but the Samsung mail app will no longer send emails from that account.   It states "A server connection error has occured" and I cannot manually set the gmail account up.  I am using the actual Gmail app now but there is no way to reduce picture sizes when sent.

Please help.

0 Likes
Stuboy442
Student
Options

Hi the mail app works for me but not all messages are viewable. I have to click reply to display some message content 

Pizzavan
Apprentice
Options

I cleared the cache and the data as instructed and then added the account again. After a short while everything became re-established and has continued to work absolutely fine ever since. Have you tried doing exactly what I did? If you have and it didn't make any difference then I'm afrid I can't be of any more help myself, but I'm sure other more knowledgeable people on here will come to your rescue.

Stuboy442
Student
Options

Unfortunately i did do as recommended.  It is just emails from two company's that's not readable unless I click reply

0 Likes
Wayne16
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, I can only view emails if I click reply, if anyone finds a solution, please let me know.

stevendk
Apprentice
Options
I have exactly the same problem.
0 Likes