Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge lightning has disappeared on the samsung music player app

(Topic created on: 06-03-2019 10:01 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have recently updated my OS from Oreo to Pie/One UI and noticed that the cool edge lightning has been removed from the Samsung music player app playing a song full screen. Is anyone else experiencing this??? Samsung believe it should be working and have tried to send several error logs to investigate further. Thanks!

39 REPLIES 39
Michelle_A28
Explorer
Options

Really? Wow , looks like i should reinstal my Samsung Music. Thank You for your information.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

How did you roll back a version??? 

0 Likes
Solution
TCee
Apprentice
Options

Just google search Samsung Music APK and the version number, i.e., the one I listed above

Michelle_A28
Explorer
Options

Hey, i reinstalled it , but it didn't back. The Edge Lighting still gone.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Just rolled back the version... mine too didn't come back 'edge lighting'. You need to go into the app settings and turn it on. Happy days!😉

TCee
Apprentice
Options

Make sure to keep the APK file in your downloads just in case the app auto updates.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Good thinking... will I have reassign all my playlists everytime I do this? Bit painful as I have a lot of music
0 Likes
India_Sam
First Poster
Options

I don't think this problem is country specific. I'm from India and ever since I have updated to One UI/Android Pie, the beautiful edge lighting stopped working the Samsung Music app. I've tried every suggestion that has been listed here on this thread including the one full of conviction- the APK one. Nada. Nothing works. 

IT IS BROKEN. 

0 Likes
OMAR-HS
First Poster
Options

@TCee wrote:

Just delete the Samsung Music app and download an older version  

Version 16.2.14.14 will have it, any update after that  disables the edge lighting feature.

Also, try to disable the app from updating automatically, otherwise Samsung Music will update in the background. 

Thx that worked 

7moodDxB
Apprentice
Options

When you update to Android Pie the Samsung Music updates, and in the update they get rid of the Edge Lighting for Samsung Music, you can undo the update for the Samsung Music but it's really unnecessary

0 Likes