Support

Open search

Edge lightning has disappeared on the samsung music player app

Apprentice

Really? Wow , looks like i should reinstal my Samsung Music. Thank You for your information.

Apprentice

How did you roll back a version??? 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Just google search Samsung Music APK and the version number, i.e., the one I listed above

Apprentice

Hey, i reinstalled it , but it didn't back. The Edge Lighting still gone.

Apprentice

Just rolled back the version... mine too didn't come back 'edge lighting'. You need to go into the app settings and turn it on. Happy days!😉

Apprentice

Make sure to keep the APK file in your downloads just in case the app auto updates.  

Apprentice
Good thinking... will I have reassign all my playlists everytime I do this? Bit painful as I have a lot of music

I don't think this problem is country specific. I'm from India and ever since I have updated to One UI/Android Pie, the beautiful edge lighting stopped working the Samsung Music app. I've tried every suggestion that has been listed here on this thread including the one full of conviction- the APK one. Nada. Nothing works. 

IT IS BROKEN. 

@TCee wrote:

Just delete the Samsung Music app and download an older version  

Version 16.2.14.14 will have it, any update after that  disables the edge lighting feature.

Also, try to disable the app from updating automatically, otherwise Samsung Music will update in the background. 

Thx that worked 

Apprentice

When you update to Android Pie the Samsung Music updates, and in the update they get rid of the Edge Lighting for Samsung Music, you can undo the update for the Samsung Music but it's really unnecessary

Top Liked Authors