Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge lightning has disappeared on the samsung music player app

(Topic created on: 18-02-2019 05:28 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have recently updated my OS from Oreo to Pie/One UI and noticed that the cool edge lightning has been removed from the Samsung music player app playing a song full screen. Is anyone else experiencing this??? Samsung believe it should be working and have tried to send several error logs to investigate further. Thanks!

39 REPLIES 39
7moodDxB
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
Michelle_A28
Explorer
Options
I see , you haven't upgrade yours to the One UI updates , Android Pie. That's why i told you when you update it , the Edge Lighting will be gone. So, you have to think once again, if you still love the cool Edge Lighting. Anyway, Thank You for your help !
0 Likes
7moodDxB
Apprentice
Options

Even though I want the One UI, there is no Video Pro Mode and no Samsung Music Edge Lighting, those are so important to me

Michelle_A28
Explorer
Options
Yup ! I regret it now , well i think staying in Samsung Experince is much better!
ado0001
First Poster
Options

Its gone, the edge lighting for music apk option is not there anymore,

Im running android PIE and, i can tell, its so goooone!   is that an error or??? what?

PLEASE I WANT IT BACK.  =(

TCee
Apprentice
Options

Just delete the Samsung Music app and download an older version  

Version 16.2.14.14 will have it, any update after that  disables the edge lighting feature.

Also, try to disable the app from updating automatically, otherwise Samsung Music will update in the background. 

Michelle_A28
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your information, i will try it :smiling-face:

0 Likes
7moodDxB
Apprentice
Options

I just updated to the Android 9 and I can tell you 100000000000% you can't open the edge lighting on in the Samsung Music app

0 Likes
Michelle_A28
Explorer
Options

So sad 😞 Well , i think the Edge Lighting will be gone forever. I still don't want to downgrade this Android version just because it doesn't have Edge Lighting.

0 Likes
Ren-kun
First Poster
Options

I uninstalled the latest samsung music app and installed the version that you suggested. I was able to see the edge lighting in the settings and its now working again. Thanks! 

It means that the latest samsung music app removed the edge lighting feature. Hope the bring it back in the next update.