Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge lightning has disappeared on the samsung music player app

(Topic created on: 05-05-2019 11:08 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have recently updated my OS from Oreo to Pie/One UI and noticed that the cool edge lightning has been removed from the Samsung music player app playing a song full screen. Is anyone else experiencing this??? Samsung believe it should be working and have tried to send several error logs to investigate further. Thanks!

39 REPLIES 39
Nakul_jain321
First Poster
Options

Uninstall the new version and Google  this version apk Version 16.2.14.14 and download it

It work for me

Ethyder
First Poster
Options

No Genius...that's the problem...there is no such option as "edge lighting" in the latest version of the app.

0 Likes
UwUBryan10177
First Poster
Options

Will you lose your music?

0 Likes
Nishanth8888
Student
Options
This works!! Thank u Nakul😊
0 Likes
StephenMac
Student
Options

Shouldn't do. All your music is stored on your device and not in the apk like Spotify. 

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

Did yours work , because mine up to now isn't working 

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Did yours work because mine has been stuck ever since i updated my Samsung Music.
0 Likes
StephenMac
Student
Options

If you go to search then hold on Samsung Music. It should give you the option for "Locate Aplication". Press that and then hold onto Samsung Music App again and uninstall. Then go to Galexy Store and stop auto updates.

Then go to https://www.sammobile.com/apk/samsung-music/samsung-music-16-2-14-14/

and download. Then go to your notifaction menu and click on the downloaded file or go to my files App and then download section at very top. Open the apk file.

Note you might get a warning asking for permitions for this location to install from and 3rd party app install if you have eather allow. Once its installed you will get into the app at this point you need to go setting and then edge lighting as by defalt it's not on.Screenshot_20190517-210249_My Files.jpgScreenshot_20190517-205714_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190517-205254_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20190517-210634_Package installer.jpgScreenshot_20190517-210701_Samsung Music.jpg

0 Likes
KNoize7
First Poster
Options

Your response made my day!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! It worked like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Linder13
First Poster
Options

Hi how you downgrade  Samsung music app to use edge lightning 

0 Likes