Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Change samsung pay location

(Topic created on: 29-04-2019 07:44 AM)
Mike16
First Poster
Options

I bought my phone in HK but I live in the UK and want to change the base to UK but don't know how. Help would be appreciated 

60 REPLIES 60
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Xessive 

I see where you are coming from, but keep in mind that each market has (unfortunately) its own specific quirks that phone manufacturers need to integrate and accept - that's why different customer codes, different variants of a device.

Hi @Koala58 

Glad to hear you managed to make SP work. As a point of principle, i'd recommend to delete the cards before doing a full uninstall before you attempt to change the customer code.

Best

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
GEARs3_notworki
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, I was able to change my GEAR S3 purchased in BRAZIL, currently living in the USA and did not work because of CSC Codes difference. I searched in forums and there is a YouTube video that helps and worked for me. The video is in Portuguese, but just watching the video and the images will make the GEAR s3 bought in another country to work anywhere in the world. I hope to help everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXVWs5Qg4HM

@GeorgeC wrote:

Hi @Xessive 

I see where you are coming from, but keep in mind that each market has (unfortunately) its own specific quirks that phone manufacturers need to integrate and accept - that's why different customer codes, different variants of a device.

Hi @Koala58 

Glad to hear you managed to make SP work. As a point of principle, i'd recommend to delete the cards before doing a full uninstall before you attempt to change the customer code.

Best

0 Likes
Humanity
First Poster
Options

If you want indian samsung pay then backup your phone and put an indian sim card ONLY and the hit hard reset.

Once reset is done then it will recognise your sim card and ask you to connect to wifi or mobile internet. Then it will automatically update samsung pay to indian version.  I tried this and it works 100% but keep in mind that only desired country sim card should inside the phone. Now i have one phone having indian samsung pay and other with other version.

0 Likes
varunkumar
Apprentice
Options

I think it worked in UK, but not in India.

I bought from USA and using here in India and I just did what you told but isn't working. 

0 Likes
Nyewoods
First Poster
Options

Hi can a Samsung Galaxy Active Watch be reflashed too so that Samsung Pay works in the UK as I bought it in US? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Koala58
Journeyman
Options

Dont need to reflash the watch. Just change the region. Follow the instructions:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-sport/changing-region-samsung-gear-sport-r600-t3771...

and UK code can be one of these:

• United Kingdom (VIR)
  • United Kingdom (BTU)
  • United Kingdom (EE) (EVR)
  • United Kingdom (H3G) (H3G)
  • United Kingdom (O2) (O2U)
  • United Kingdom (Vodafone) (VOD)
  • United Kingdom / Ireland (XEU)

Cheers, 

Peter

0 Likes
myrinh
Journeyman
Options

I always getting "confirm your card" but the bank is saying the card is confirmed.
Watch is spanish plus note 9 from Germany 

0 Likes
invisible999
Apprentice
Options
Hello @Owenboy89

Is it possible to flash international S7 - SM-G930FD with US firmware so Samsung Pay will start accepting US issued cards?

If so, which version of firmware should be used? The S7 currently is running latest Andoid 8.0
0 Likes
myrinh
Journeyman
Options
I changed my csc Country only on the watch and not on my note 9.may be this is the reason for SP saying confirm your card...
0 Likes
invisible999
Apprentice
Options

After spending several hours researching, reading and downloading stuff, I decided this time to do full factory reset. After wiping up the phone, I connected only to my wifi, did not put any SIM card inside. Then, when in the process to setup the phone, by connecting to my google and Samsung accounts which have US as location. During setup I put US English and PST as regional/time settings. After downloading and installing Samsung Pay, I didn't allow it to access GPS/location. 

Well, after all above, I was able to enter my US issued credit cards at Samsung Pay and activate them. 

0 Likes