Did you mean: 

Change Language, Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 08-12-2018 06:58 PM)
Ali_Lumsden
First Poster
Options

Hello

My Samsung Pay app is in French. 

My device was purchased unlocked and has been used by a UK SIM and connected to UK WiFi and data network.

How can I force a change of language?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Ali_Lumsden: Where did you purchase the phone from? It sounds as though you have a device that was intended for use in France, in which case certain services and features will show up in French due to software variances that exist in our products from region to region. As a workaround you can try going to Settings > Language and Input > Language > Add Language > English to see if this helps.
TracyR
Options

@Ali_Lumsden, are you still having the issue?

Have you been able to try the steps that @AndrewL provided? 

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
topouzid
First Poster
Options
At least if you go to buy an iPhone and look at the sealed box, it says outside of the box: "This product in intended for use on the following countries..." and you know if you should buy the product or not. I got 2 Samsungs (one S7 some years ago and one A8 2018 last week) from a store in my country. One has a Spanish Samsung Pay, and the other has Russian Samsung Pay (and Yandex app and other Russian apps). And my country is not Spain or Russia. How am I supposed to know if my new Samsung that I bought from a reputable store was supposed to be for my region or not? In the EULA I'm supposed to agree with the terms and conditions of use if I open the sealed box. But if I don't open it, there is no indication outside of the box that it would be in Russian or Spanish or French or whatever, and not intended for use in my country. I understand that something like this could happen if I travel to Dubai and buy a cheap Samsung from there, I understand that this could happen if I buy from eBay, but I don't accept if from a brand new Samsung phone, bought from a huge store in my own country, and not being able to change the apps to my language.
drbhatiajs
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with note 10- Samsung Pay and offers etc all in French, I have changed the language input to English and it doesnt help!! I bought the phone on Fonehouse on a contract with EE.

MartiniViking
First Poster
Options

Im in the exact same boat here i want to be able to use it but everything is in spanish. It would be much appreciated if the issue could be fixed

Soorajfrancis
First Poster
Options

Hey it does change. Go to the settings left top. Go into your account and there is language change for notifications related to samsung

0 Likes
Soorajfrancis
First Poster
Options
It does change. Left top setting in samsung pay. Go to your account on the right top but not setting and there is an option to change language for all samsung notifications related to this app
0 Likes
Northerngeeza
First Poster
Options
mine is still set to English but getting news etc in French
0 Likes