Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Cannot add a card to Samsung Pay app

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 01:20 AM)
Noscere
Student
Options

I have happily been using Google Pay for a number of years on my Samsung Galaxy S6. However, since I've just aquired a Galaxy watch, I'm forced to switch to Samsung Pay if I want to use the watch NFC to make payments - and making payments easily is one of the reasons i wanted a smartwatch...πŸ‘

When I try to add a card, either via the watch using the wear app, or using the Samsung Pay app directly on my S6, I get an error that my card is not supported!?! 😩

I have tried my Bank of Scotland VISA debit card, and also my Aqua/Amazon/Tescobank mastercards. None work. 😒

Halifax Bank of Scotland is on the list of supported cards, and the Amazon card is actually first bank, which is also (alledgely😈) supported.πŸ€”πŸ˜•πŸ˜

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to have to switch bank accounts just to be able to pay via my watch!πŸ€€πŸ€•

Google Pay doesn't have these issues, why can't I not use this app on my watch? Why force me to use a clearly inferior system😈? 😑

And why can't we add PayPal accounts to Samsung Pay? This would also make everything easier. 😀

(I'm upgrading to a Note10+ 5G as soon as it arrives tomorrow...one assumes the same issue will apply) 

4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Noscere ,

I have had a look into this and it appears that The Bank of Scotland, Halifax and Tescobank are not supported in the UK, which is why you are unable to add these cards. You can find the compatible/supported one here. 

I will also ensure that your feedback about adding PayPal on our app is being passed on to our colleagues so they can have this in mind for future updates. 

Hope that this helps.

0 Likes
SKF5
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung S8 and want to use Samsung Pay.  It will not accept my Mastercard.  Everything I read says that Mastercard is acceptable.  What do you suggest I do?

0 Likes
pblive
First Poster
Options

I found the best way is to sign up for a Curve card.  The blue card is free and it acts as a virtual credit card for your other credit cards.  Samsung recomnend it, too, now when setting up their Samsung galaxy pay with an unsupported card.  I use it with Tesco card and it works well.

Parky76
Explorer
Options
I have just managed to register my halifax card with samsung pay and got it working on my galaxy watch. This year samsung have teamed up with something called curve. Try and add your halifax card to samsung pay now and you are directed to a curve account. once set up your halifax card then works via your curve account, finally problem solved, going to try the wifes tomorrow with her barclays account.
0 Likes