Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't disable Bixby on note 9

(Topic created on: 26-08-2018 09:27 AM)
Edwardmcardle
Pioneer
Options

Well got my note 9 today and I can't disable the Bixby button. Most annoying thing ever, especially when it's always open when I unlock my phone because of an accidental button press while the phone is in my pocket. It ruins an otherwise great phone

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Edwardmcardle

On previous models such as the S9 you could swipe or press the Bixby button to open Bixby, tap the cog symbol in the top right corner and the option to enable/disable the Bixby button would appear as a drop down. If this isn't available on the Note 9 at present then I'd imagine that it will appear in a future update. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.
0 Likes
Edwardmcardle
Pioneer
Options

Yes I was able to do it on the s9+, unfortunately nothing here. Early adopter issues I suppose. Not as bad as the black crush issue on the s9plus I had, that was awful. Hopefully I won't be going back to my trusty s7 edge again

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Yes, it's an odd choice to leave out the option to disable the Bixby button but I'm certain it will eventually be included. Hope you're enjoying the phone anyway despite the minor annoyance :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Carolll
Navigator
Options

It's definitely not a minor annoyance, samsung's buttons positioning has become ridiculously anti-ergonomic in the latest generations. My SIII neo still has better placed buttons than my S7. When they added the bixby button they should have found a decent place for it or at least they should let the users to remap it. At this point it's late for changing the button's location, they still could do a decent job on the software side of this thing (too)

Edwardmcardle
Pioneer
Options

Completely agree, VERY frustrating. Got a funny email from Samsung confirming it cant be disabled and how its unfortunate that I am not "willing to use new technology that appears". Eh I'd like to decide when to and IF I use it..button placement means I can't avoid it even when I want to 😭

SithLord
Voyager
Options

@Edwardmcardle wrote:

...and how its unfortunate that I am not "willing to use new technology that appears"....

What, like button remapping?

That's a relatively new technology. Its unfortunate Samsung aren't willing to use that new technology... 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @@Edwardmcardle, you can if you wish watch this video :winking-face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUEqNBIiDw

Carolll
Navigator
Options

@Bades1978 wrote:

Hi @@Edwardmcardle, you can if you wish watch this video :winking-face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUEqNBIiDw

This was funny but definitely not as funny as samsung's answer 😂 

@Edwardmcardle wrote:

Completely agree, VERY frustrating. Got a funny email from Samsung confirming it cant be disabled and how its unfortunate that I am not "willing to use new technology that appears". Eh I'd like to decide when to and IF I use it..button placement means I can't avoid it even when I want to 😭

It's like, you spend $1k and you can't even decide not to use a button. Sounds sincerely too appleish to me

Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options
I would have done a step by step guide but this video say's it all :smiling-face: but yeah it would be nice to have the option to do so.
0 Likes