Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby routines don't work properly

(Topic created on: 17-01-2020 12:31 PM)
osavoskin
First Poster
Options

Bixby routines is the best feature since Galaxy S1, however it does not work as expected. Quite often routines which were triggered by geo location don't get turned off when the phone has left that location. Even when you are already a few km away. Also, when the routine gets turned off it doesn't restore the previos state of the device configuration. Has anybody tested the app at all before release? The support keeps insisting that there is something wrong with the phone location sensor itself, but I don't think this is the case, as all other apps work well and receive the location. Also, they say, that probably there are some apps which interfere with Bixby and again, I seriously doubt that this is possible. It's hard to imagine how some app can prevent Bixby logic to obtain "locationChanged" event from the location manager. In any case, my Galaxy S10 is brand-new and there are no third parties at all. And, just in case some devs read this, it would be amazing to implement an ability to invert the trigger's logic, e.g. to be able to do something like - if (!myLocation.atHome){...} and it would be nice if the accuracy of the trigger could be set <= 200m and not 2000m as it is now. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
rowschank
Journeyman
Options

I've had this problem too.  

Bixby Routines won't realise I'm home and turn on my WiFi and sound. I have to manually open the screen to adjust the Routine where my location is visible or some other app that shows me on the map (like Google Maps or a run tracker), and then Bixby suddenly carries out the routine. I've even tried to disable Fusion Location's battery optimisation but to no avail. I can't understand why this is happening. 

Recontacter37
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem, is there still no solution?

0 Likes
anton_zelenin
First Poster
Options

I contacted technical support with the same question, they advised clearing the data of Bixby routine app. And surprisingly it helped!

To do that go to Settings> Apps> Bixby Routines> Storage> Clear data

Notice: that will also delete all your current routines and you'll need to create them again.

Hope the problem will not occur in future

rabarkar
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Clearing Bixby data didn't work. In my case, the problem is that in the Driving routine, some of the tasks sometimes get executed, and most of the time, they are just ignored, like the Text Size and Screen Zoom. Also, when activated (once in a while), at the routine ending, settings don't come back to their original state. Very annoying. 

For what I found, it seems Bixby routines are still very unrelyable 😞

PeteH68
Journeyman
Options

Similar problem here. Trying to create a routine that says:

IF (connect to car bluetooth) AND (leaving: home) THEN (launch maps & navigate to work).

Problem appears to be that it just can't detect that I'm "leaving home". The problem is then compounded (stupidly) by another routine I have triggering that says "IF (connect to car bluetooth) AND (leaving: train station) THEN (launch maps & navigate home)", so how the hell does it detect that I'm leaving a train station 7 miles away from home, when I'm actually leaving home, and then try to navigate me back home?!

There is also a slight issue (possibly) with the built-in "save battery" routine, which is intended to save your battery should you forget to put your phone on charge overnight ... the problem is that it triggers "overnight" IF "not on charge" ... and the problem with that is that IF your phone IS on charge overnight, and then reaches 100% THEN medium power saving mode is STILL activated :smiling-face: I'm sure that's not intended behaviour ... however, that's easily fixed with minor modification, but still ... it's a bit slack :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Mesutor
First Poster
Options

Same here in 2021 s10+ with latest one ui 3.1 update.

If I left home 

Then turn on mobile internet and turn off wifi

Just wont work..

0 Likes