Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Pay for Samsung Gear 3

(Topic created on: 25-09-2017 12:03 AM)
Lod1996
Apprentice
Options

Hello dear community,

I recently purchased myself a Samsung Gear 3 and I am trying to connect to Android Pay in order to make quick payments instead of taking my phone out. NFC works on the Samsung Gear 3 however on the Tap and Pay section it says that there no installed payment apps apparently! Any sort of advice/assistance, please? 

Many thanks

Kind Regards
Lod1996
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Which country do you live?

0 Likes
Lod1996
Apprentice
Options

United Kingdom !! 

Kind Regards
Lod1996
0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Sorry not really my field of knowledge but from the looks of it. it has not been fully launched yet REF http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132981-what-is-samsung-pay-and-how-does-it-work as it is linked to samsung pay (I understand you can do it though some banking apps and paypal as I use them) Hopefully someone will be able to help more :smiling-face:

0 Likes
chippie
Pathfinder
Options

Unfortunatley there is no Tizen app for Android Pay and I doubt there ever will be as Samsung want to support their own "Pay" system. The only option you have is to hope that Samsung Pay in the UK supports your Bank(s) at launch which is according to rumours only days away now.

0 Likes
Lod1996
Apprentice
Options

I just found out myself today that the samsung pay is coming out in few days however as you said hopefully will work with my bank otherwise oh mine 😂

Kind Regards
Lod1996
0 Likes
chippie
Pathfinder
Options

Fingers crossed for all of us I think lol.

There were also rumours a while back that it will NOT support MST in the UK which I really hope it does. This decision back then was apparently made on the basis that most terminals in the UK are Chip'n'Pin but there are exceptions of course not to mention the fact of what happens if you travel abroad to a country that mainly has magnetic terminals. I really do wonder if the people who make these decisions actually live in the real world or not?!?

:smileylol:

0 Likes
Lod1996
Apprentice
Options

I feel you 😂

I truly hope that everything will work as better for us. We shall wait and see what is happening or will  happen eventually 

Kind Regards
Lod1996
ketelsuw
First Poster
Options

It's even worse....: not only does Samsung prevent Android Pay from operating on Gear 3; only the more modern / upmarket Samsung mobile phones allow for pairing with Gear for the purpose of paying with Samsung Pay. If you have an older Samsung model, or an Android phone other than Samsung, you cannot use Samsung Pay. And you cannot use Android Pay either. Really really bad

sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options

A few uk banks support it, hsbc, santander and nationwide are 3 i know, im in nat west so mine doesnt as yet, hopefully soon, s7edge i have and it wont let me download the app, but ive been told it should work when bank accepts samsung pay, the plot thickens....

0 Likes