Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to my Samsung fridge

(Topic created on: 09-11-2017 02:23 PM)
mfranch87
Student
Options

I have a Samsung rs261mdwp side-by-side  fridge. All was working good, but recently, the icemaker tray cracked & needed to be replaced. Seemed a simple fix and I was able to get the part and install it with no problems. I reset the icemaker as instructed, The went through the twist cycle and then filled up with water so I thought all was good. I was told to wait 24hr for it to fully function. I waited and nothing. I hit the reset switch again. Again, it rotated as needed, dumped the ice and then refilled with water. 24hr later, nothing.

It was instructed to unplug the fridge for at least 3mins to do a full reset. I unplugged it, waited and plugged back in. Suddenly I can't use my front display. NONE of the buttons are responsive and it will only dispense water. Can't change to the ice despenser. All was working fine before and I thought it was just a simple ice tray replacement. Now, it seems more.

Now, the only indication I have on the front display is a single flashing blue light in the fridge meter.  Here is a pic of the ONLY thing I can see on the display ((flashing). ANY idea what this is and is there maybe a way to reset the front display (I already tried the demo reset method....nothing)...

Samsung1.jpg

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0