Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual oven flex grill not getting hot enough

(Topic created on: 19-08-2019 02:49 PM)
Azzarh
Apprentice
Options

When i use the grill function on the NV75N5641RS/eu dual oven the grill never seems to reach the required default temp (250)

toast can take anything upto 10-12 min to lightly toast one side. By the time its its toasted, its so dry its hardly edible. 

Is this a design fault, applience fault or user fault?

If its the latter, can someone explain how to use the grill properly?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Azzarh 

Here is a snippet from the user manual (page 29). You can view the full manual here

Capture.JPG

Please check to see if you are using the same accessory, level, type of heating and temperature as advised. Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
NicoW
First Poster
Options

Hi we have the same issue with the grill function it takes forever to get hot. Did you find a solution or os it potentially defective. We have had ours since October 2018.

0 Likes
Ant8er
First Poster
Options

Same here. I have a new NV75N567*** and the grill never heats up to the point where the elements are red, and the pre-heat sign never goes off. There is some heat but it's not coming from the grill. There's also a loud clicking noise.

0 Likes
Ant8er
First Poster
Options

An update to my post yesterday. My kitchen fitters were back today for a different issue and we all tried the grill and couldn't get it to work. The oven was fine. I was just about to report the fault but remembered the 'IT Crowd' advice: 'have you turned it off and on again'.

I switched it off and on again at the master switch and the grill now works perfectly.

One observation; I still get loud clicking noises when it's in dual mode, but not when it's in full mode. 

0 Likes
Lgoodacre68
Apprentice
Options

We have the same problem with our Samsung.  Just been on holiday and they had a Bosch oven that the grill made perfect cheese on toast and you kept the door open.  Samsung really need to up their game on this as really disappointed with our oven

0 Likes
Ant8er
First Poster
Options

After my post in August last year I had to call out an engineer (via Samsung) as I just couldn't get the grill to work properly. 

He didn't find a fault, but I wasn't charged for the callout because I think he recognised that the instructions aren't clear.  What now works for me is a) to remove the dual partition before grilling and b) try to open the door as little as possible during grilling, as the grill will automatically cut out every time the door is opened.  It heats up again quickly but it's not an efficient way to work. 

Following those instructions I can now use the grill pretty successfully, although I agree it's not great if you can't open the door often. Grilling fish fingers (the thing we grill most regularly) takes no longer than on my previous oven, and they're cooked evenly. 

The one thing I can't remember, from the visit, is whether the G1 or the G2 setting is better.  He told me one worked better than the other but I forgot almost immediately afterwards. Maybe someone here can help? If not, try experimenting.  

What works for me may not work for you, but I hope this helps, and that maybe someone official can jump in and confirm.  

0 Likes
Ant8er
First Poster
Options

p.s. The engineer confirmed that it's normal to hear a clicking noise when the grill is on.

0 Likes