Support

Open search

Water consumption of a washer dryer

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

If I buy a 10kg washer/dryer and do a small load does the machine know that and only use a smaller amount of water? People have told me that a bigger machine will cost more in water counsumption. Say I do a small load then will it fill up to the 10kg level of water every time? Thanks for any advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarlH Moderator

The only 10kg washing machine I've managed to find on the Samsung website is this one@redporti. This has an 'A' engergy rating. This particular model can do a quick wash of 15 minutes. Hope this helps!

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @redporti

I would depend on the washing machine, however Samsung have an Ecobubble range that features energy efficient cycles for smaller loads, using less water and energy than standard cycles.
First Poster

Thank you. I am looking at the new Samsung’s with the eco bubble. It’s just that it wouldn’t have a A energy rating if it filled up a 10kg machine if there is only 2 pairs of jeans in the machine. We are being put on a water meter next year & don’t want to be spending loads on water. 

CarlH Moderator

The only 10kg washing machine I've managed to find on the Samsung website is this one@redporti. This has an 'A' engergy rating. This particular model can do a quick wash of 15 minutes. Hope this helps!

First Poster

Thanks. That is the one I was looking at. Looks like it does what I want. 

Top Liked Authors