Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Washing machine WW80M642OBW keeps washing for 3 hours

(Topic created on: 04-08-2019 07:29 AM)
Bio_anca
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, 

We just bought a new Samsung washing machine. The washing machine was set to the cotton program which would take 1:02 hours. The washing machine was fully loaded. But after 3 hours it was still washing. Any ideas on why it would take so long? 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Bio_anca 

Did you manage to figure out what was causing the problem here? Was the washing evenly loaded?

0 Likes
Solution
Bio_anca
Journeyman
Options

Hi @ChrisM,

Yes, thanks for asking.

It seems that with the program I selected, in combination with a full machine, the program takes 211 minutes. 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

So it does appear to be working as expected @Bio_anca. Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
PM_Helsinki
Apprentice
Options

Hi Bio_anca,

I suggest to read my open case - seek header  

"Ecobubble keeps extending washing program time (e.g from 1:09 --> 2:45)"

To my experience, there is no pattern when Ecobubble unexpextedly changes the wahsing program (nothing to do with the amount of laundry etc). In our open case this random 300% washing time extension destroys clothes. (There are pictures on my posting on that).

Br,

PM from Helsinki

AmberMA
First Poster
Options

Hello

Did you end up getting this issue sorted? I have exact same problem with my machine. Samsung engineer came out and said it's normal for the machine to randomly increase from a 1 hour to 3.5 hours now and then. I escalated this back to Samsung and they said they won't do anything for me. I don't know what to do. The machine was £600 and we've now had the machine for 1 year.

0 Likes
AM_Helsinki
Explorer
Options

Nope. No response. No help.

I paid 1100€ of the washer that that triples the washing time and shreds clohtes. 

Do not buy Samsung top-line wahsers as they do this -->  https://youtu.be/iWX-9ovKsjw

0 Likes
Bio_anca
Journeyman
Options

Hi Amber, 

Well it's sorted out, by us accepting that some programs take a lot of time and understanding what the machine does. For some programs the machine weights the amount of laundry and then adjusts it's washing duration. The more laundry, the longer it takes.

We normally choose the short program that takes 39 minutes. This program doesn't check the amount of laundry inside the machine, but uses a fixed amount of time. 

If I'am correct there is also an icon that indicates if a duration of a program is set to the amount of laundry inside. 

good luck! 

0 Likes
LJ5
Apprentice
Options

Hi, could you please tell me which is the programme that lasts 39 minutes and doesn't weigh the load? I have just bought a Samsung and can't believe what a hassle it is with the length of time it takes to do a wash! I wish I had chosen a cheaper model...

0 Likes
Bio_anca
Journeyman
Options

it’s the ‘Super Speed’ program. That doesn’t take the weight of the laundry into account. 

2E71154D-47A8-411D-ACAE-2625758A859F.jpeg

0 Likes