Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW90J5456MA EcoBubble Washing Machine not draining. Fault code 5C.

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 03:28 PM)
Tony_sam
Student
Options

Hi,

My WW90J5456MA is 4 months old. It gets stuck during the washing cycle when it has to pump out water.

I have cleaned the trap filter, checked the hose and drain pipework ...all ok.

After a period of doing nothing it displays fault code 5C.

The only way I can get the machine to complete the cycle is to manually drain the water using the drain pipe near the trap filter. This needs to be done constantly.

I suspect what the problem is, but could you please advise on how to proceed?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Tony_samA 5C or 5E check code suggests that there's an issue with the washing machine draining water. 

Does the waste pipe at the back of your machine appear to have a kink in the line? 
Is the standpipe at a height of 65cm? Also, If a low temperature washes are run too often, it may cause the waste pipe to become blocked. Are you able to run an eco drum clean cycle on your washing machine?

0 Likes
Tony_sam
Student
Options

Hi CarloL

"there's an issue with the washing machine draining water."

We agree on that!

As I said, the waste pipe is fine. The stand pipe is correct. 

"Also, If a low temperature washes are run too often"

We hve just used The normal everday wash. There are 2 of us in this house, so not over used.

Of course I can run the eco drum clean. Do you think that will fix the pump or unblock the pump assembly?

How many drains will the eco clean cycle require, I have to schedule my day around emptying the broken machine?

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

If running the Eco Drum Clean cycle did not sort the issue, you will need to get in touch with your closest Samsung Support Centre to have an engineer sent to you to inspect and repair the machine. 

0 Likes
Tony_sam
Student
Options

I assume that will all be done under warranty. Do I have to quote a reference number or do they just take my word that its your fault?

0 Likes
Tony_sam
Student
Options

Also the contact "Samsung support" link does this...

Sorry this link is now unavailable

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes