Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF80F5E5U4X EcoBubble Washing Machine Issue

(Topic created on: 05-04-2020 11:49 AM)
steoneill161
First Poster
Options

I'm having trouble with my washing machine. The model is WF80F5E5U4X. The washing machine kept stopping in the middle of the cycle and switching itself off. It would turn itself back on and try to complete the cycle but would switch off again without completeing the cycle. It kept repeating this. I plugged it out and cleaned out the debris filter.

I plugged it back in and the same issue occurred again, even when i emptied the drum and put it on the drum clean cycle. Now the washing machine will not turn on. No error messages were displayed during any of these issues.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks

0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47
Mrtice
Student
Options

Seems like you might have been scammed. You can find some movies on Youtibe on how to "fix" the printplate by stripping it of the gel eand then set fire to it (in a controlled way) in order to repair the connections (liquifying the tin). But that is last resort. It takes a lot of effort and will certainly take you 2 hours to complete without any garantee. My advice: never ever by a Samsung washingmachine again. Sorry for your loss

CarlH
Options

Hi @Katiekelly. It  might be worth getting this inspected by an engineer. This link will direct you to the closest Service Centre in your area. 

0 Likes
MongoLikeCandy
Apprentice
Options

Hi - I have the same issue.

I cleaned filter. I ran a callibration cycle, and a clean eco drum cycle, both failed to finish. Waste is draining ok. My WF80F5E5U4X 8kg is 4 years old.

After reading this thread, I've decided that repairing is just not cost effective. WIll buy another but it won't be a Samsung. I know friends that have washing machines by others that are still going after 7+ years (Neff/Zanussi).

Rob.

0 Likes
Rahimasheikh
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue I have tried everything in the book and sorry to say samsung have the worst customer service no help at all and financially I cant afford a new one as this was already expensive.  Very bad samsung

0 Likes
mrsrtiny
First Poster
Options

My Samsung EcoBubble Washing Machine (WF80F5E5U4X) cut out mid-cycle last week, after a few months of pausing randomly mid-cycle (nothing pressing start couldn't solve to remind it to finish it's cycle, but rather irritating on a barely 4 year old machine). However last week it was completely kaput. No lights, water still in bottom of machine, door would open, no response whatsoever. Tried all suggested methods to encourage re-start, no joy. 

Found out our 5 year warranty paperwork and rang Samsung the following day, as wanted to try to get machine fixed pronto given we're currently in (Covid-19) lockdown with two children under the age of 5, one of whom is in resuable nappies. Whilst the phonecall was frustrating in their lack of deviation from their script, Samsung soon provided us with a phone-number of a local repair company who were to call us within 48 hours. They called within an hour and arranged to come and look at the machine on the Thursday (barely 48hrs later), providing appropriate social distancing would be in place, machine wiped down before/after visit. The engineer from North West Appliance Repairers arrived at 9:00am promptly and had left by 9:15am having replaced the circuit-board, the machine has worked well ever since.

All in all, absolutely superb service from both parties, so if you do find yourself in a similar situation, do give Samsung a try to repair what the problem is. 

Customer1234
First Poster
Options

My washer does the the same thing. Any help from Samsung how to fix?

Replacing the the pcb-board for a price of new?

It is sad to have long warrenty on motor if electronics fail...

0 Likes
MongoLikeCandy
Apprentice
Options

I binned it. Ours lasted 4 years. Bought due to good Which? review. Can't even trust those now. 

Bought a Zanussi which seems to be going well.

0 Likes
dats1960
First Poster
Options
I bought my machine on 4th October on 6th November machine stopped working no power going to ma hine. I have had the machine just over a month (WW90J5456FW/EU). had problems with service centre today
0 Likes