Support

Open search

Unable to connect to internet fridge

Highlighted
First Poster

I purchased a  Samsung Family Hub RS68N8941SL about 2 months ago. Since then, I have been trying relentlessly to connect my Note 8 and 2 Samsung tellies via Family Hub or Smart things.

Via smart things, I was able to pair the note 8 and fridge. However, I can use none of the app features.

When I try to register my mobile device via the fridge, it gets stuck at the authentication code stage.

No one in Samsung (and I mean no one in 20 odd interactions) has been able to help. An engineer even came out and he just shook his head, left, closed the ticket and said "not our problem"

I have reset the fridge several times and updated with the latest firmware.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @AdrienP.

Did you manage to get this working or are you still having the same issue?

Observer

I have the same problem with my new RF56M9540SR/EU fridge.

You enter your mobile number on the fridge but it never sends the SMS verification code to your phone.

After about 5 attempts the fridge says you've reached the your SMS limit for the day.

I waited until 24 hours had elapsed, tried again and still no SMS code sent to my phone.

Meanwhile I'd reset the hub to defaults a number of times and tried again. The Hub software on the fridge was already on the latest version, it's connected to my wifi and getting weather/time updates/I can browse the web on it and I've connected my phone using Smart Things but I can't use the Family Hub app due to this verfication code obstacle.

I spoke to Jenny G on Samsung's chat support service and all she could suggest is to try again when the 24 hours had elapsed to try another SMS code. I've done that and still no code.

I've now raised an enquiry via the website '1:1 Enquiry'. Hope I don't receive a generic response asking me to try all the stuff I said I'd tried in my problem description, like the last time I used that service.

I may try another defaults reset, register an account for my wife and try with her phone this evening.

This is an expensive fridge and the hub should work better than this. Some alternative verification options would have been nice, e.g. let the customer have a choice of verify by email or SMS. (and any other suggestions?)

Were you ever able to get this working? I have the same problem.
Top Liked Authors