Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Automatic power off on washing machine

(Topic created on: 14-02-2020 09:16 PM)
forbego420
Apprentice
Options

My smart (stupid) wn10n645 row, turns itself off at the end of its cycle. Can I stop it doing that? It's driving my wife mad, because she forgets there are clothes in it, until the next time she tries to fill it.

16 REPLIES 16
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @forbego420! Is your machine directly plugged into the wall with no extension cable or timer between it and the socket? If so, please test the electrical socket by plugging in a different appliance. Does the socket work correctly?

0 Likes
forbego420
Apprentice
Options

Hi yes, it is. The problem isn't that it goes off mid cycle it's that it power saves or something at the end and I want it to stay on so we remember that there's a load in it? 

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Oh right! Turning off at the end of every cycle is an embedded feature of the washing machine and I'm afraid there is no actual way to keep the appliance on. This feature helps saving power to the household and a beep is normally present to notify the owner that the washing has finished. Nevertheless, I will definitely pass your feedback on to the relevant team :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
kgstevens
First Poster
Options

I second this request.  Turning the control panel off after its cycle has completed is very very annoying.   How about leaving a single LED on somehow or some other indicator that the cycle has completed?  Also, the suggestion that this a power saving feature is a bit disengenuous as the amount of power used to keep the control panel active is very very small and essentially trivial. 

forbego420
Apprentice
Options

It's ridiculous, isn't it!

For a £500 machine it sure has a lot of odd quirks.

0 Likes
michaelmantion
Student
Options
Mine cost $1000 usd
0 Likes
forbego420
Apprentice
Options

I don't know what the point of these forums is because it's surely not so Samsung can take feedback onboard from their customers! A year later we're still bugged by this machine's features!

0 Likes
michaelmantion
Student
Options

Sad but true.  Samsung rarely listen but maybe leadership will change and the will want to increase sales and make more money. We just need to keep making noise until its resolved.  Also a competitor who wants our money might hear us.  

0 Likes
BarringtonK
Explorer
Options
Even more annoying, mine does it when connected for "smart control" meaning you can't control it!
rediculous!