Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung WF80F5E0W2W/EU making holes in washing

(Topic created on: 29-08-2019 10:21 AM)
CarolO
Explorer
Options

I have had this machine since August 2016.  Very disappointed.  Using varying 'Daily Wash' 'Cotton' 'Synthetics' cycles I find that clothing have small holes when the wash has finished.  I am loading it correctly neither overloading or underloading as I had contacted Samsung previously regarding this problem.  Today I have found more holes in a T-shirt, cotton socks and scrim cloth.  I have purchased a net laundry back to wash underwear because underwear was coming out with holes.  The machine is unable to dissolve completely a Ariel 3in1 pod.  The mushy remains of the pod remain in the rubber.  I am more concerned about the holes.  Clothing that has holes are varying material.  Also have holes and rips in Glass tea towels.  Any ideas. 

71 REPLIES 71
CarolO
Explorer
Options
I posted my concerns about my Eco Bubble 8kg making holes in laundry on Samsung Facebook site. It prompted a private message. They arranged for an engineering to visit who subsequently replaced drum and motherboard. All ok since this has happened but I still inspect my washing looking for holes. Good luck
0 Likes
hudders
Student
Options

Many thanks Carol

Do you have the link to the Facebook group you used? is it the Samsung Global one?

Appreciate your help. 

Thanks

Andy

CarolO
Explorer
Options

Andy 

I went onto Facebook and made a search for Samsung.   I wrote on their page "my 1 year old Samsung EcoBubble washing machine makes lovely holes in my laundry".   

It is the official site for Samsung US (I am based in the UK).

The site logo is a black circle with the word Samsung through the middle of the circle. 

Hope you get something done about your machine.  

As I said they asked questions like 'are there any zips', 'are there any hooks' etc. all of which I was prepared for and said 'no'.  I had a call from someone from Brazil who said that they would send an engineer.  The engineer came and inspected the machine; he returned about a week later with a new drum and motherboard and replaced these items.  He also replaced the rubber around the drum (I kept this in case the new one perished at some point in future, rather than throw it).  I did inspect the drum that he removed and to be honest couldn't see any jagged bits behind the holes in the drum.  Touch wood its been ok since then.  Still not particularly happy about the spinning through the cycles but I have got used to it.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Popeye69
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, just been reading through all these messages and I have just posted on their FB page after I have been in contact with Samsung support about the very same problem. I have a WF9904RWE AIR REFRESH machine for the last 9 yes and have noticed thee holes appearing in my clothes. At first I thought it was my wife's Bras causing the holes and was getting very annoyed but never really chased it up. However after today and washing a brand new expensive t shirt it has come out with a hole. No bra in machine. I googled this problem and this support page came up with exactly the same problems. Thank god I'm not going Mad. Has everyone had the same responces from Samsung with a new drum or been fobbed off. I eager to hear their response. 

0 Likes
CarolO
Explorer
Options
I first had the run around regarding what was making holes similar to what your machine is doing. 'Have you put bras with hooks into the wash, has any of the clothing got zips, any sharp objects in pockets'. After the first couple of conversations with Samsung I was armed with the answers 'no bras, no zips', 'no sharp objects'. After posting on FB I did get a response from someone in Brazil. I had to send photos of the objects with holes, which I did. Samsung arranged for an engineer who replaced the drum and motherboard of the machine. No problems since then but I am always vigilant whilst hanging out the washing.
0 Likes
DSLBerlin
First Poster
Options

This is also happening to me -- irritatingly, two years after some of the first messages on this thread. Lots of my clothes are getting holes in them from the washing machine and shirts with elastic in them are getting stretched in ways that have never happened with previous washing machines. I am especially disappointed given that this unit was a recommendation given by the store I bought it from. 

0 Likes
VannaDanna
Journeyman
Options

They really don't care...we all post on here but they respond to none of the posts.. and it's "Samsung Community" does anyone take notice the irony of this. They don't even try to respond with at least some minimal comment. How many of you will buy another Samsung. I myself love  their TV's.  But I find this lack of respect in their "community" feed appalling. So now even though I have 4 Samsung TV's in my house I will never support this company again.. With any product they make. Washers ..dryers...tv's.. phones.. as long as we keep buying  their ***** they'll keep selling it and not giving a ***** about customer service..

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

We can promise you, we do care about these things!

The best bet, as discussed previously in this thread, would be to get in touch with our Support Team on 0333 000 0333, or by using any other Contact Us methods here.

Welcome to the Community!

Arlene1
Apprentice
Options

Not from my experience you do not. Brand new clothes with holes in them, elastic in clothing loose, whites going grey, color vibrancy faded after one wash, bubbling of fibers. And I still yet to be given a replacement machine. 
I have tried discussing this with your support team and I have had a repair man out who said there is nothing wrong surgery the machine (of course he would say that !!)  

0 Likes
Arlene1
Apprentice
Options

Here here,  they really could care less ! My brand new clothes have been destroyed. At times I have brought my clothes to a laundromat at considerable cost because I just don't trust my machine to not put holes, stretch, remove strains,  colours dulled and whites Turing grey,  or create bubbling in the fabric.  My beautiful brand new baby clothes looking like they have gone through the wash a hundred times. Shame on you Samsung !! 

0 Likes