Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung BQ1VD6T131 oven turns off

(Topic created on: 18-12-2018 01:27 AM)
LS11
First Poster
Options

Hi - we have a Samsung dual cook electric steam oven that has been working well for a while. Recently, it seems to be randomly turning off while the oven is on - the image on the left of the display (that usually shows what cooking setting is being used) flashes. 

Is this a known issue with an easy remedy?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
Hi @LS11

What mode/settings are you in when the oven switches off? Can you describe the flashing image that shows on the display when this occurs? I would recommend checking to ensure that you have not accidentally selected an 'End Time' when using the oven as this may be the cause of the issue. To help you I have included a link to the User Manual on the Samsung Support Site: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201309/20130903180014159/BQ1VD6T131-XEU_00382R-04-EN.pd...
Threemakescrazy
First Poster
Options

Mine does this too. Tends to happen more when I’m cooking at a higher temperature. Haven’t figured it out yet. It’s definitely not the oven timer. All the display lights turn on, then they all shut off, then it flashes 12:00 and the oven is off. 

DebraFlorida
First Poster
Options

Mine does it as well. Brand new piece of junk. It was the motherboard. The MAIN component. Yes it was covered under warranty but that does not make me feel any better. Run to the phone if you are still under warranty don’t ignore it as it just gets worse! 

0 Likes
Fort_Lauderdale
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem. The technician came in today and changed the primary board under warranty. Apparantly, when the relay on the primary board starts to go bad, it causes the oven to turn off and the oven timer to flash "am 12:00".

0 Likes