Options

Freezer making a lot of noise and defrosted all the food 

model rsairtpn

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Jam1eM
Samsung Pro
Options
If its making a lot of noise than that's probably the fan in the freezer catching on ice that is building up.

This happens for 2 reasons,
1 - The most common, the freezer or fridge door has been left open slightly (it only needs the smallest of gaps left overnight to cause it. Usually caused by food pushing on the door when loaded with lots of food or stacked forward. Resolution: Turn off and unplug the unit for 2 full days to defrost the whole unit - it can take this long unfortunately. You will need to put towels on the floor to catch potentially quite a bit of water.

2 - An issue with the auto defrost system, like a failed heater, although this is super rare. Would need an engineer to identify and resolve.

Of course it could be other things, but based on defrosting food and noise this is my educated guess.
0 Likes
SeanSherri
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung fridge, and the ice machine. Just stopped working. We know the water is getting to it. Because we can get water. I have tried everything.  Unplugging the whole fridge, punched the button. And nothing. We spent so much money on the darn thing. And can't get any ice from it. I have to go buy ice. When we have a 3,000.00 dollar fridge. And it makes me  , so mad. Do I need to replace the whole darn thing. Help, lol

0 Likes