Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 02-09-2018 04:03 PM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
-ingrid68
Apprentice
Options
I would phone them back & say if it's not fixed for nothing you'll be going to watchdog. They can't fix some washing machines for free & charge for others, has to be consistent.
0 Likes
Mrsgibson82
Student
Options

I have (and have reported to Watchdog) but they are still refusing to budge.

My machine took 2.5 hours last night to run on the 1.02 minute wash. I was there every couple of minutes pressing the play button

0 Likes
Area51_
First Poster
Options

Indeed. Even though I am capable of repairing it myself I don't want to waste time on it. It's Samsung who should fix it.

I have talked to Samsung support several times but the default reply is that it's out of warranty so you have to pay to get it fixed. They won't let you talk to anyone higher in hierarchy. 

However in the Netherlands the consumer has more rights. The seller is also responsible for delivering  a good product. Meaning it should work for longer than the manufacturer warranty period and if not they have to (help you) pay for the repair. Obviously smaller sellers try to dodge this. Since I bought at a large company (Mediamarkt) they can't do this or they would get a bad name. There even seems to be a rule at the Mediamarkt that if you are not willing to pay for repair after the warranty, they will refund you for the remaining life expectancy of the product and you can return it. I am now going that route. The first step is to get a report from the repair company that Samsung uses, that it's indeed broken.

Hopefully I can then return it and buy a Miele. I think there's also a chance the Mediamarkt will cover all repair costs. Un fortunately I am then still stuck with an unreliable Samsung washer and the same issue will happen again in 2-3 years.

0 Likes
Jonhill75
Explorer
Options

991E706B-6852-4817-A286-10458331C3BD.jpegSamsung are great innovators but their incompetence is astounding. 

Look at these capacitors rated 85 degrees mounted at the top of a machine that has a 95 degeee program. 991E706B-6852-4817-A286-10458331C3BD.jpeg

3090491A-0D0C-44A1-B4FE-E5E6F4245051.jpeg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hello all. While I understand that the cost of an out of warranty repair can be off putting, I must advise against attempting any repairs yourselves. Opting for an authorised repair will ensure that the correct parts are being used and retain any remaining warranty you may have on the unit.
Jonhill75
Explorer
Options

Clearly the components used in Samsung’s washers are not designed to withstand the temperatures generated by a wash cycle. These PCBs are dangerous and are likely to to combust. Samsung Know this but prefer you to be out of pocket or dead 💀 before they do anything. Anyway I’m going to Currys tomorrow to shove my faulty PCB up the managers *****. Cheers

0 Likes
LordTicut
Journeyman
Options

Dear moderator  AndrewL

You say that: "Opting for an authorised repair will ensure that the correct parts are being used and retain any remaining warranty you may have on the unit."

But, here we are talking about units which are out of the warranty period. Otherwise, we would of course opt for an authorised repair, and this thread wouldn't exist. Thank you for your advice though ! 😉

So when the machine is completely dead and out of warranty - and the cost of repair is more expensive than buying a cheap manchine instead, you can try anything.. what do you have to loose? 🙂

I remember, that I read some place earlier in this thread, that a guy changed (and paid for) the PCB a few times, and kept crashing after a few months... so imagine his cost!!  Still ending up with a broken washing machine, after buying say 3 PCB's which were as bad as the frst...

Shame on SAMSUNG.. bad.. bad.. very bad.. 😞

0 Likes
Area51_
First Poster
Options

@Jonhill75 wrote:

Samsung are great innovators but their incompetence is astounding. 

Look at these capacitors rated 85 degrees mounted at the top of a machine that has a 95 degeee program. 

It's not that bad. A 95 degree program means that the water inside the drum will heat up to 95 degrees. It doesn't mean that the PCB will heat up to 95 degrees as it's obviously not inside the drum.

0 Likes
Area51_
First Poster
Options

I am not saying Samsung is great at designing washers. In the US Samsung recalled 2.8 million washers to address safety concerns. https://www.businessinsider.com/r-samsung-to-recall-28-mln-washing-machines-in-the-united-states-201...

0 Likes
Area51_
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
Hello all. While I understand that the cost of an out of warranty repair can be off putting, I must advise against attempting any repairs yourselves. Opting for an authorised repair will ensure that the correct parts are being used and retain any remaining warranty you may have on the unit.

All the 'authorised' repair guy will do is replace the PCB with the same type that was already there so it will fail again in 2 - 3 years.

Also resoldering cracked solder joints is not really replacing any parts. You just have to be careful you don't create any short circuits. 

0 Likes