Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 26-01-2018 12:54 AM)
AD07
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Ecobubble 9kg which is just coming up on 2 years old keeps stopping mid wash. No debris issues, no hose issues. Sometimes I get a full wash with no issues and then other times it stops and I have to turn the machine off and reset to Rinse & Spin to get it to finish. Any ideas what is wrong?

264 REPLIES 264
Yvonne4
Apprentice
Options

I live in n.ireland so i assume its uk..

LaundryLady
Journeyman
Options

Hi Garth, I read your post and googled your question. It appears that a few years ago, Samsung changed their gaurantee from 2 to 5yrs. I think if the machine is under a year old, the best route would be to go via the place you purchased from usin the UK Trading Standards 'rules'. This means that if under a year old, the retailer should either replace the machine or give money back if it is not working as it should. If you accept a repair, as far as I understand, the guarantee should revert back to 'as new' status. I am not certain of this though. If the machine is like mine, just out of the 2yrs warranty I think we should be able to claim a free engineer visit. Again not sure, but I am going to CAB tomorrow to find out if they can offer any help. The fault is a known one, that is what makes me cross. It has been flagged for well over two years. The only way to sort it is to replace the mother board. You Tube is a mine of information on this. But as I said in my first post, I feel a bit disgruntled that a machine costing over £500 has a basic known fault and had that, when it was sold to me. Good luck with your problem, dont be paying out to get it sorted just yet. 

R48
Explorer
Options

I have a similar problem with mine (about 2 and a half years old) and a similar experience with Samsung. They claim mine is now out of warranty, although I'm sure it was offered with a 5 year warranty. Although I registered the appliance online as soon as it was delivered no confirmation email was received so they say I have no claim.

It seems terrible customer service from Samsung as for them the cost of carrying out the repair would be tiny, but for me it would be significant.

If they are prepared to rectify the seemingly known problem then I'll applaud them as an honourable and faif company. If not, then they've lost me as a customer.

LaundryLady
Journeyman
Options

I've been checking overnight and the warranty is supposedly 5yrs in the UK. Daresay there will be some T&C that doesn't cover the motherboard problem though. Cynical old me. I've got frustrated enough with this problem now, that I am saving for a new machine, it wont be a Samsung though. Probably go back to Zanussi which lasted me over 20yrs last time I purchased one. Good luck to everyone who is trying to resolve this problem. Wherever you live in the world :smiling-face:

LaundryLady
Journeyman
Options

hi again R48, I found a you tube video posted by Richie Hicks title of video is Samsung Ecobubble unresponsive or stuck display control panel. Just tried it on my machine, which had a full load of sodden washing. It has worked what he suggested.... so give it a try, might just work for you too. 

@R48 wrote:

I have a similar problem with mine (about 2 and a half years old) and a similar experience with Samsung. They claim mine is now out of warranty, although I'm sure it was offered with a 5 year warranty. Although I registered the appliance online as soon as it was delivered no confirmation email was received so they say I have no claim.

It seems terrible customer service from Samsung as for them the cost of carrying out the repair would be tiny, but for me it would be significant.

If they are prepared to rectify the seemingly known problem then I'll applaud them as an honourable and faif company. If not, then they've lost me as a customer.

0 Likes
R48
Explorer
Options

LLA,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at the video but don't think this would work on mine.

I contacted the store where I purchased it and they have been helpful. There have been two visits from their engineers.

1. Said it's the PCB (I had mwntioned this in the shop) but would have  to order one.

2. Three days later a second engineer came and fitted the new PVB. The problem is still exactly the same. He thinks it needs a new motor.

Told today that it's hasn't arrived yet so will be at least another four days to wait.

0 Likes
Shurly22
First Poster
Options

Glad I found this post. Started having problem just outside 2 years and thought I'd fixed it myself but a month later same issues with drum sticking mid cycle. I called Samsung and they told me that I only had a 2 year warranty, I know 100% it was advertised with a 5 year warranty as that's one of the reasons I purchased it as I wanted peace of mind it wasn't going to cost me to get it fixed for a long time. They're saying I now have to pay?? Need to know how to contact their UK CEO as I'm livid with this, the purpose of a washing machine is to function and wash clothes, of it doesn't do that it's not fit for purpose.......I can't believe they're aware of this issue and still continue to state customers have to poor for their poorly fitted parts!??? Anyone know how I can escalate this matter as I'm not letting this lie now!!! Maybe Twitter and social media is the way forward??!!

R48
Explorer
Options

My posts describe a similar fault with my machine and a similar woeful response from Samsung. I haven't found the contact details of the CEO UK but that is worth doing. Several of us on here also believe our warranty is 5 years but are being fobbed off by Samsung.

Have you contacted the retailer yet? (Sale of Goods Act?) I did and a very well known electrical and computer retailer have agreed to fix it FOC.

Not managed it yet having replaced the PCB the fault remained so now will replace the motor!

Good luck and don't give up!

0 Likes
R48
Explorer
Options
The engineer came yesterday and replaced the motor-it now works!

Interestingly, he tested the old motor and it was showing no faults.
0 Likes
Derekfp
Apprentice
Options

My machine is one of the new quickdrives and it’s started doing it after just 30 days. Luckily I have it under 100 day approval and I think i’ll Be excercising my rights.  It just does feel like a £1600 machine

0 Likes