Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rsh5ubmh Filter Replacement

(Topic created on: 03-01-2020 05:35 PM)
Fazq
Explorer
Options

I have this fridge freezer. The filter light has gone red. The manual sites that the filter is in the fridge compartment at the top right. There isn't one in my fridge! Any ideas where it might be?Inside of my fridgeInside of my fridge

From the user manualFrom the user manual

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Fazq 

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this?

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options
Not yet.
I tried calling the helpline a few times, but they are very busy.

I'll try them again today and ask about both the display and the filter
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem. Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

No problem. Let us know how you get on.

Unfortunately they said that all they can do is referred me to a local authorised repair agent. I'm not so bothered about the display, which I guess will cost a few hundred quid to fix. But it's annoying that the fridge is telling me to replace a filter which I can't find

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Did our Support team offer any explanation as to why it's not where it says it should be in the user manual?

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Did our Support team offer any explanation as to why it's not where it says it should be in the user manual?

Nope. As soon as she realised it was out of warranty, she offered me a 25% discount on purchasing a new fridge freezer or to contact the local approved repairer.

Not very good really.

I did ask her to see if she could find out where the filter would be, but she said I should speak to the repair company. 😥

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not the kind of experience we like to hear of, @Fazq. Have you been able to contact the Service Centre as of yet?

0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options
Not yet. I'll give them a call on Monday and let you know how I get on.

It's a shame that the advisor I spoke to couldn't have done some investigation and called / emailed me with an answer to the filter location. Someone at Samsung will know where it is (or even if there is one). To pass me onto a 3rd party doesn't leave me with a good impression tbh. Hopefully someone there will be able to solve the puzzle without charging me first.
0 Likes
Fazq
Explorer
Options
I spoke to Samsung again, this time I managed to convince them to investigate further.

It turns out that my fridge does indeed have a filter, but it's in the back and there is no specific manual for this variant.

They have sent me a generic manual that shows how to replace the filter cartridge and gives me the correct part number.

I've ordered these and now need to figure out how to get the fridge or if the cabinet it's slotted into.

I have to say that Samsung support are not easy to work with, it took a lot to explain to the guy that there was a water/ice dispenser and no visible filter. Eventually he switched to video support to see the appliance.
0 Likes