Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ32M defrosted - dont understand why! Can anyone help

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 05:13 PM)
dwinpenn
First Poster
Options

We finally managed to get a Internet shopping delivery on Thursday (took 4 weeks).  This shop consisted of the usual stuff, but also a good amount of frozen veg, etc to restock our Samsung freezer.

When I got up on Friday I found the display on the front was flashing with 12C and when I opened the freezer a lot of the food in the top half was defrosted.  The bottom was softer than you would expect but still essentially frozen.

I checked the manual and the only reference to over filling was that the freezer would OVERfreeze - no reference to defrost.

I rearranged the vegetable drawer and the freezer started freezing again. Within a couple of hours it was back at -19C.

So my questions are:

1. Why doesnt the manual emphasise what happens if you over fill?

2. Why doesnt the manual show drawings of what overfilling is? In other words can you block the vents at back?

3. What is the air flow for the freezer? I am interested how it all works and cant find anything (service manual) on the web to help. 

We are back freezing again, but I did notice on the product reviews 2 reports of defrosting with a 1 star rating. 

Samsung maybe you have a user or documentation problem that could be solved pretty easily.    

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AMC60
First Poster
Options

Same thing seems to be happening to mine after a few weeks use. Lots of water on surfaces. Ice cream in door soft. Nothing had been put in it for a week. It's very poor of Samsung not to respond to your your very well put comments. 

0 Likes