Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSH1NBBP fridge freezer help please

(Topic created on: 30-01-2019 11:18 PM)
Catalyst1989
First Poster
Options

Hi!

The fridge half of my American style fridge freezer is reading 16 degrees Celsius. I don’t know why it’s so warm. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong or a possible solution?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
DannyT
Options

Hi there, @Catalyst1989.

Have you tried to reset the temperature? Check out the steps and the temperature in this guide here.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Catalyst1989
First Poster
Options

Hi!

thanks for your reply. The link gives advice on how to adjust the temperature but does not mention resetting as you have. 

How  do you reset the temperature?

many thanks. 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
My mistake there. Poor choice of words. I meant 're-set' as in setting the temperature to the desired temperature. When you do this does it not stay at the desired temperature?

0 Likes
Catalyst1989
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I’m afraid not. I set the temp to 4 degrees last night and this morning it read 10 degrees. It hasn’t been below 10 for about four days in total.

I’ve been poking around and notice there is a build up of ice around the back of the drawers and what appear to be vents near the bottom of the fridge. Could something have blocked or broken?
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
That does sound like something that would stop the air circulating, and therefore warm up the fridge. We'd advise calling through to our Home Appliance Team so they can help out further with this, and if needed arrange an inspection. You can contact them on 0330 726 7864.

0 Likes
JohnM
First Poster
Options

I have a RF23HTEDBSR Twin Cooling Plus™ Fridge Freezer and have had nothing bout problems since new

I have had this fault and a repair person said I needed a new compressor. I could hear a compressor working ( or trying to) so I looked at the web for my own solution

I transfeered everything ftom the fridge to a NEFF fridge that has has 20 year service and never let me down

I took the  internal face panel off (see WARNING below) The panel has the Twin Cooling writing on

Behind everythig was packed with ice

I used a hair dryer and aboiut 2 hours alter could hackoff most of the visible ice

Then I looked at the rear face of the removed panel There is a fan there. This was still packed with ice. Another hour or so defrosting

WARNING as you try to remove the panel the ice is so thick it encomasses the wiring -SO BE GENTLE

After restarting the temperatures were all out but by using the power freeze ( frige nd freezer panels held for 3 s or so)

The thig has recovered

I am afraid to say that htis is a very poorly engineered piece of kit and I imagine I'll have to do this again at intervals

I've Samsung TVs and phones and will take the cost for the quality

I should be paid for having this piece of *****- never again

TomSc
First Poster
Options

Hi John,

I have a RSH1NBRS fridge Freezer with Twin Cooling, and have the same problem that you described with yours. Ice behind the lower drawers and a high temp.

Having cleaned out the vents and the cooling coils underneath to no avail I have suspected that I may need to pull off that panel inside the fridge.

Thanks for the solution.

Cheers

0 Likes