Support

Open search

RSH1DBRS - Ice tray does not fill with water

First Poster

The only thing left to do is replace the heater line and plug in icemaker. Checked with Samsung and the part number is DA97-00209Z. hope this helps.

First Poster

I did take some corrective action and the problem stopped but I can’t be 100% sure this was the reason. I took off the back panel of the unit and then another plate where the water pipe goes into the top of the freezer. I noticed that there was foil around the pipe as it went into the freezer and there was a bit of a gap. I guessed that maybe this meant the pipe was not insulted and so the water freezes in the pipe and so doesn’t fill the ice maker tray. So I wrapped a load of kitchen foil around it and put everything back, haven’t had the same issue since. Good luck, hope it helps. Regards, Barry

First Poster

I have a Samsung RSH1FBRS american style fridge. All is working fine except that the ice maker has stopped making ice. The water dispenser is working fine and i have tried the test button in the ice maker unit and it all works ok except for the ice tray which is not being filled with water. Please can you advise what I should do as this does not seem like a mechanical fault?

MasukaH Moderator

Hi @James75

How did you get on? If you're still having the same issue, have a look at this link here  and let us know how what happens. 

samos.png

Observer

EASY FIX!!!!! And you don't even need to cut power. For bottom ice maker if the reset works but no water, just do this. Remove the 2 screws holding ice make in bottom pull out. You will need to remove the small bottom top draw Unplug 2 wire clips. Now on back of fridge unscrew the 2 screws holding the small black water line cover going to bottom ice maker. Then remove the internal 2 screws holding valve. No need to unscrew the water line. Slowly slide out the insulated water line. You may need to unscrew the hold down clamp holding the line in order to pull this out all the way. Its like 10-12" long. NOW... Look into end and you will see ice. Use a heatgun or hairdryer to heat up this unit untill all ice is gone. Ice will be a solid shaft. Make sure you can see all the way thru the unit before you finish. It is now clear. Replace everything in reverse order and hit reset. WaLa! Water and future ice!!!

@JimmyMarsh wrote:

EASY FIX!!!!! And you don't even need to cut power. For bottom ice maker if the reset works but no water, just do this. Remove the 2 screws holding ice make in bottom pull out. You will need to remove the small bottom top draw Unplug 2 wire clips. Now on back of fridge unscrew the 2 screws holding the small black water line cover going to bottom ice maker. Then remove the internal 2 screws holding valve. No need to unscrew the water line. Slowly slide out the insulated water line. You may need to unscrew the hold down clamp holding the line in order to pull this out all the way. Its like 10-12" long. NOW... Look into end and you will see ice. Use a heatgun or hairdryer to heat up this unit untill all ice is gone. Ice will be a solid shaft. Make sure you can see all the way thru the unit before you finish. It is now clear. Replace everything in reverse order and hit reset. WaLa! Water and future ice!!!

That was exactly the fix I needed. Thank you.

Top Liked Authors