Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSH1DBRS - Ice tray does not fill with water

(Topic created on: 26-02-2017 09:15 AM)
bjhoward
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung RSH1FBRS american style fridge. All is working fine except that the ice maker has stopped making ice. The water dispenser is working fine and i have tried the test button in the ice maker unit and it all works ok except for the ice tray which is not being filled with water. Please can you advise what I should do as this does not seem like a mechanical fault?

Regards, Barry

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
ironhorse
First Poster
Options

The only thing left to do is replace the heater line and plug in icemaker. Checked with Samsung and the part number is DA97-00209Z. hope this helps.

0 Likes
bjhoward
Apprentice
Options

I did take some corrective action and the problem stopped but I can’t be 100% sure this was the reason. I took off the back panel of the unit and then another plate where the water pipe goes into the top of the freezer. I noticed that there was foil around the pipe as it went into the freezer and there was a bit of a gap. I guessed that maybe this meant the pipe was not insulted and so the water freezes in the pipe and so doesn’t fill the ice maker tray. So I wrapped a load of kitchen foil around it and put everything back, haven’t had the same issue since. Good luck, hope it helps. Regards, Barry

0 Likes
James75
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung RSH1FBRS american style fridge. All is working fine except that the ice maker has stopped making ice. The water dispenser is working fine and i have tried the test button in the ice maker unit and it all works ok except for the ice tray which is not being filled with water. Please can you advise what I should do as this does not seem like a mechanical fault?

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @James75

How did you get on? If you're still having the same issue, have a look at this link here  and let us know how what happens. 

:cat-face:

0 Likes
bobboots99
First Poster
Options

Your solution helped me fix the same problem on my bottom  freezer's icemaker.   The reset button did not restore the flow of water.

So, I opened the bottom freezer drawer and left it open for 20 minutes.  I also put a 1500 watt fan forced mini heater next to the drawer with a cookie sheet standing against the freezer drawer to keep the heat away from the drawer and direct it into the freezer compartment. 

After 20 min timer went off, I shut off heater, hit icemaker reset, watched it dump small amount of water behind open drawer, wiped water up, then closed the drawer. 

Ice began filling the drawer again and all is well. 

Thanks for the tip about the water-line freezing up. 

0 Likes
Pasadena
First Poster
Options

After replacing the ice maker (located in the freezer in my French Door/Bottom Freezer) for the second time in a year, I found this forum conversation and followed all the suggestions.  Indeed, the water "filler" tube that feeds the ice maker and goes from the back into the freezer compartment was totally blocked by frozen ice.  I used a hair dryer instead of the mini heater to melt the ice, and that did the trick!  I wonder, though, why it froze in the first place?  Hopefully, this won't happen again, but if it does, I'll know what to do.  Thanks!

JPeach
Student
Options

For my own part (model RS25H5111SR) I've had a few issues with the ice maker.  Most often, an ice cube becomes stuck when the paddle(s) don't quite eject them (easy to dislodge and resume normal functionality).  Most recently, my ice maker stopped making ice for a few days, and after the normal troubleshooting (ice maker test, reboot, temp check, and more) I finally found that the ice level arm (or whatever it's called that moves up and down at the face of the ice maker) had been dislodged from its channel (the small slit at the bottom of the face of the ice maker that the arm is meant to travel up and down in).  The fix was to move the arm down and in toward the ice maker until it seated into its channel again. I then performed the ice maker test, and it dispensed water into the ice tray where it hadn't done so in days. My best guess as to what caused the problem is an impatient user in need of bulk ice removed and replaced the ice bucket too quickly, and dislodged the arm.  All is well now, and I can enjoy chilled drinks again!  

I hope this helps someone else with a similar issue.

Mlamp89
First Poster
Options

Hello, I'm working on my friends ice maker issue. I've verified the water line to the ice maker is clear, and yet water will not flow to maker. I've replaced the water valve where the inlet line sends water to the ice maker and the dispenser and still no luck. Water comes out of the dispenser just fine. Filter has been replaced. What else can I check and replace to get water to flow to ice maker

0 Likes
JPeach
Student
Options

Is the ice maker arm in its channel/slot?  Mine was out front and needed to be lowered and placed back into its channel/slot. 

Mlamp89
First Poster
Options

When I checked the arm it did not move much. Seemed set in its position. So I assume it's fine. I filled the tray with water and it froze and fell into the dispenser. Could the main control board or another part like that be bad? It's as if something isnt telling the valve to send water

0 Likes